A New Beginning

I looked around the packed bar trying to find someone. It was almost time and I hoped I would find the perfect man before the year was up. I pushed past people who turned and cursed at me. Typical. I pushed past into a clearing and instantly froze. There stood a strong asian man with pure black hair. He looked absolutely gorgeous and the bar lights reflected off his hair giving him a holy effect. He was looking around as well in desperation. I watched him with awe until his eyes finally fell upon me. His eyes lightened and a smile grew on his face. I could instantly tell I was blushing but I smiled as well. He approached me causing nervous excitement to swell up in my chest.

"Hey there handsome."

I looked into his chocolate brown eyes and lightly smiled.

"H- hey."

I heard people begin counting down after I said that one word.

10...

He looked up around taking in the faces of the people around us.

9...

I began to as well thinking he had found his friend or something.

8...

I lowered my head at the thought. Staring at the scuffed, dirty hard floor.

7...

I felt his olive hand grab the bottom of my chin.

6...

He lightly lifted it upwards toward him.

5...

He closed his eyes, hiding those beautiful brown orbs, and leaned towards me.

4...

I took my left arm and wrapped it around his neck while his went around my hip.

3...

I slowly closed my eyes, savoring the moment.

2...

I began to lean towards him as well.

1...

Then our lips connected.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!"