4. Kenneth

Lovely and Reassuring

"She's beautiful."

Smiling, I realized that I was examining her features too long. Wait, what? I mentally scolded myself. What the hell am I thinking of? I just looked away to watch other cars pass by and the streetlights' fascinating view. Thank goodness it was dark at the back seat and most of everyone are asleep. Or they might have seen what on earth I was doing.

Cassandra shifted her position and she wasn't leaning towards me anymore, but she was facing me instead. It's cute how her lips would curve up to form a small smile as her mouth escapes light giggles. She's really different, different from all the girls I've met. I thought as I chuckled. Believe me, she's different in all the right ways. Fuck, no. I must be tired. I just need some sleep too, and my head's starting to pound slightly. I excused as I pushed away my train of thoughts.

But when I was finding my most comfortable position I can get, I was facing Cassandra. I hate to admit, but for the first time yet, I didn't care. She looks so feminine, sweet, and calm. And there I was again, admiring her beauty. What? Kenneth, get a hold of yourself. You hate her, you hate Cassandra. 

Suddenly, Gabe was shifting his position so I did what I am expert at. "Cassandra, what the hell? Wake up! My shoulder's aching and you even rested your head on it." I angrily woke her up. "Wake up, I'm not a pillow!" I exclaimed.

Luckily for me, we're already here and the car was parked in front between our houses. All of them got awoken by my exclamations, obviously. But she didn't budge. "I will, just a few more minutes please." She whispered and shifted her head to the other side.

The car door at her side opened and there was Gabe, smiling at her sister's silliness. "Cass, wake up. We're already here." He whispered and that's when she opened her eyes and whispered a quick sorry. I just rolled my eyes at her and said whatever. She yawned and her eyes threatened to close again so Gabe just lifted her up bridal style and she leaned her head on his chest as they entered their house as Dani follows.

Getting off the car, Josh tapped my shoulder. "You know dude, life is like dancing. You have to be mindful of everything because if not, there would always be others ahead of you when you can't catch up on a particular choreography." He told me in the most odd metaphor possible.

Sean joined. "He's right, because if you won't catch up on a particular choreography, you'll lose many opportunities you could ever imagine." He wiggled his eye brows up and down.

Then they got me confused but I slapped the back of their heads lightly. "What the hell are you two talking about?" I asked.

Josh just chuckled. "That's for us to know, and for you to find out, dude." They chuckled and left me confused and dumbfounded.

Walking to my house's doorstep, it was locked and I saw Mathew waving for me with Gabe next door. I went their and there were my parents inside as they were talking about something. "Mom, can I have the keys please? I'm going to sleep, I'm really tired." I told my mom as I greeted Tita Florence and Tito E, Gabe's parents, but she said that it was with kuya.

Going out again, Gabe was hanging out with Dani and Mathew. "Hey, can I please have the keys? I'm going to go get some rest. I'm really tired." I told my brother as he handed me the keys I needed.

"Are you okay, Ken?" Dani asked me as she noticed my discomfort.

Giving her a small smile, I answered. "All cool, my head's just throbbing, I just need some sleep." I told her.

"You sure? Do you want to take some medicines to lessen the pain?" Mathew asked me this time. "You don't really look well." He remarked.

And as if on cue, Cassandra got out while she was on her pyjamas, brushing her damp hair. Well, that was fast. "Medicine? Who needs medicine? What's wrong?" She asked, and she was now fully alert. She looked at Gabe and Mathew, then she looked at me. "You look really pale, you're looking in distress." Dani went in, probably to tell the old folks about it. "Oh my gosh, Kenneth. You're so hot." She said and she held my hands, motioning for me to come in but I was too slow to process and argue because I feel like my body would shut down.