7. Kenneth

Blast from the Past

"Alright then, come on, Cass. Let's go, we do not want to get stuck in traffic."

What was that about? I thought she'll be the one staying and the one who'll watch me overnight? Why is she changing plans and then going out with that Brandon dude out of nowhere and all of a sudden? She didn't even bother looking at me or saying a little 'see you' before leaving!  Ugh, this sucks.

Earlier, when the squad was chatting, she was so silent and I didn't hear a single word from her. She's not like that, she's not like that at all. She'd usually join the conversation and even tell stories or provide topics that we'd all talk about. Yes, even me. But why did she become silent all of a sudden? Did she got hurt from my words that I told Josh and Will? Maybe not, she would always hear those from me. I bet, she's used to hearing those words. Why am I even thinking about it? I don't even care, though it's really bothering me.

The thing is, I don't really have an idea what's bothering me now. If it's the fact that she didn't even bother or dare landing her eyes on my figure to look at me before she left, or the fact that she left to go out on a date with Brandon Rowland. "Kenneth, you better get some sleep now. You should rest." My mom told me as she helped me lie down flat on my bed. Don't get me wrong though, I trust it when my dad says that Brandon is a good guy.

When I prepared to sleep, my mom continued talking with Tita Florence, and I am somewhat amazed by their friendship. Proven and tested through time. They grew up close together, and even went to Stanford's School of Medicine together. And believe me when I say that they were together when they both met my dad, and Gabe's dad. They were outreach doctor volunteers in the Philippines years ago when it was a program by my dad.

Wondering, I forgot why Cassandra and I didn't get to be friends. I mean, we grew up together too, I am good friends with her siblings and she's great with my siblings too. But why aren't we?

Looking back to my memories, I remember playing with her when we were younger... but that was before when she was diagnosed and underwent series of operations. Ugh, that was too tough and really hard for everyone. Yes, even for me. But no, I don't want to dig deeper. Past is past, right? I don't want to remember those, because that was too much for me to handle. "Kenneth, I told you to go to sleep." My mom crossed her arms, so I pretended to sleep because I can't. I kept on pretending when my mom and Tita Florence left the room to do some rounds in the hospital for the night. Doctor duties.

Going through Instagram, I saw fan account posts of edits about me. It was really cute and amazing. I just wish that I'd meet some of them soon but I can't. I'm a person too, but they deserve a lot for supporting me and defending me all the way.

But then I also saw some tagged posts on Instagram which are reposts of what I added to my Snapchat story earlier.

@seanjokes: omg she's so beautiful!!!!!

@baikenfanfics: i love baiken but i ship this ashshsjsn

@slaysanjose: is she your girlfriend? shes so beautiful even if shes asleep

@sanjosedaddy: i'd look like  potato if i was asleep

@dancerslove: waiting for a glo up like that

@kennethfamdom: omg it's @cassiedg right???? i ship kessie lol

Little did I know, I was smiling for some unknown reasons. I don't know why I was smiling while I was scanning through the comments on that repost. Usually, it would annoy me when people would mistaken that Cassandra is my girlfriend but why am I being like this? There was this weird, indescribable feeling in my stomach that makes me smile. Weird. Maybe this was just some crazy side effect of my medicine.