8. Kenneth

Confessions of Kenneth San Jose 

"It seems like you're thinking about something deep. Aye, Kenneth?"

Taking a deep sigh, it was just Sean and Gabe who came in the room. Don't get me wrong, I love them both because they're the best friends and my brothers whom God forgot to give me biologically. It's just that I was half expecting, half hoping that she would visit me. Cassandra Sienne De Guzman. It's been two days since she last came over to visit. It's been two days since I've seen her annoying face. 

Cassandra never fails to have me given cooked food delivered in the hospital, but the thing is that she never came to visit me again. It was just this morning when I found out that I can be discharged in the afternoon, by my mom telling me. Still, I should continue resting at home. 

What the heck? I will be discharged later on and she still hasn't taken time to even visit me.  Is it because of the things I said that night? Did I actually hurt her? She's probably used to my words and all that so it must be something else. Or maybe, she's just busy with school, though she always makes time for me.

Fuck, what am I thinking? I should be happy that she's not here and that I'll be able to get home later on. At least, no one's going to annoy me right now.

But I was wrong. "Finally, coming out of the hospital." Sean exclaimed, there's still someone who will annoy and tease the hell out of my body. 

Looking at Sean and Gabe, I gave them a brotherly hug and we fist bumped. "Yeah finally, it was so boring in here and I can't do anything." I told them. They helped themselves with the snacks that Cassandra prepared for me, my watchers, and my visitors. These two never had an absent about visiting me. But Cassandra? Where is she?

They were happily eating. " Cassie really cooks well like me, but she's so good at baking pastries." Sean sighed in satisfaction when he took a bite of the chocolate muffin. I sometimes wonder if these two are taking time to see me whenever they visit because I'm their best friend, or maybe because they just want to eat that their little sister was baking.

My eye brows knitted at them. "Why do you keep on coming here?" I asked out of no where. 

Eating, they both stopped and pretended to be crying and hurt. "You're so ungrateful. We're just concerned how you're doing." Sean said. "How ironic, you're promoting Grateful Apparel but you're so ungrateful for us here." He laughed at his silliness.

"You're hurting our feelings, you know?" Gabe butted in as he continued to look for more muffins but found cookies instead.

"Oh, shut it." I chuckled. "It's not so cool when you guys are trying to emote and giving me sad faces. And I know that you're just here because you want to eat the snacks that Cassandra baked." I told them and smirked.

They looked at each other. "Slightly, a bit." They both said in unison and went back eating as I just smiled to myself and shook my head. I still don't know how we all managed to be this close. But maybe dance is the reason behind our strong bond, particularly hip hop. What can we say? We learned to love the genre itself and we learned to love ourselves and each other through it. Hip hop is a vibrant culture that no one can ever change, it's like an attitude and a lifestyle through the graffiti pillars outlined in the hip hop culture. It's life. Dance is life. "Oh yeah, I haven't seen Cassie around here for some time, but we would always see and talk with each other a bit in school." He told me. "She must have chosen Brandon instead of you. Brandon must be winning the race." He added.

Rolling my eyes at Sean, I spoke. "Well, isn't that a good thing? At least I am having a peaceful little vacation here." I said. "And winning the race? This isn't a race, dude! Cassandra's not a contest, nor a competition. I'm not trying to race against the Magcon boy and win over." Gabe just chuckled. He would always not talk when I'm talking about his sister because he respected my opinions, and that he looks at her sister as a girl for I am still his best friend. I don't even know why he's not getting mad at me. But maybe because he's a guy too, and he understands how I feel.