Happy Family

"An older sister is a friend and defender, a listener, conspirator, a counselor and a sharer of delights - and sorrows too."
-- Pam Brown

____________________________  

Snuggling into the cozy comforter, I wish I could sleep for an hour more on a Saturday morning. But Anu has decided to wake me up which means no ways I can get back to sleep. I am dodging all her efforts for past 15 minutes to sleep but evil her is not ready to let me get my beauty sleep.

Sighing I got up mumbling an incoherent good morning and gave her a lazy smile. She reminds me of maa every time she gets worked up because of my hectic working schedule. Today is one of the day she is ready to blast my ears with her lecture on healthy habits.

"Don't give me this sleepy looks duffer. Do I need to spell out each time to reach home and sleep on time? Are you still a kid that I need to run behind? You know right, nothing is important to me than your health Arjun. You don't need to work your @ss off running behind projects, deadlines, targets and client meets. We are already well established in our business. Sit back and enjoy the luxuries of your hardwork bachu *"

There she goes, though I love this motherly nature of hers I feel bad to make her sad even if it is for a second.

"Shh Shh Shh Anu. Who said you I was late yesterday? It must be that dimwit Adi right? I Wish I could fire him but alas he is my partner which leaves me with no rights to fire him " I took her hand and made her sit beside me on my bed sending out curses at my best friend for 10 years and partner in my Hotelier business for almost 5 years.

"Tch tch don't curse him early in the morning and divert the topic. You promise me every time to take care of you and then forget it the next instant. That is why I push you to get married. Bachu give me a yes to go into a bride hunt" Anu voiced with a motherly warmth in her tone and a bright smile on her face.

Its bliss to see her smiling face after what she has went through before 3 years. I thought I almost lost her. If it's not for jeej who was a pillar for me and Anu I knew I would not be happily living my life after seeing the reason of my entire existence crumbling down in front of my eyes. After the tragic death of my parents it was all Anu for me. She strived hard to give me a good education, toggling around 3 jobs in a day. She was a Journalist, part time care taker in an old age home and a tuition teacher for junior college students

"Don't push him Mithu he will soon succumb into your desires, atleast let Aju enjoy bachelor hood for a while. Now come with me to help me in making breakfast" Jeej * voice from doorway broke my trance

"Morning Jeej" I gave him a thankful smile for saving me from my sister's bride hunt talks. Though am 27 it's not right time for me to settle down with a girl. I have pressing issues in my life. To avenge the person who made my sister loath herself.

Anu glared at him for his devious comment "Pranav what do you mean by that?" while Jeej shrugged and looted her from me to have their morning dosage of romance.

A typical weekend scene in my household. Anu and Jeej would come over to the flat I share with Adi for every weekend, it's a ritual for me,Adi,Anu,Jeej to have our family time on weekends.Somewhere in these past 10 years ,the orphaned boy Adi and the newly Orphaned us (me and Anu) became a happy family.3 years back Jeej entered our lives as Anu's therapist and a year down the lane he was the pillar of our family, the father figure me and adi look upon to and the lovely partner Anu could ever have.

I was about to get to the dinning for breakfast but seems like my dimwit friend is calling me.

"Don't scream man. I got my dosage from Anu di for being in video conferencing till wee hours,yesterday night itself. Being miles away from her is not going to help me escape from her wrath" Adi pouted on call

"Ah that's a relief buddy. Now am happy" I chuckled at his childishness.

"Aju don't forget to pick me up from Airport by evening and for heaven sake don't be late"

"Yea yea whatever. I am hanging up now"

"One sec man. We will probably have her photo today night. She is coming to India from Sydney by today. Detective Mathur has said he will email us the final report by today night with her picture this time without fail." The seriousness in Adi's voice reflected in my face too. This is the time we both were dreading for.

"Hope we will succeed Adi. Game starts now. He will never know what is going to hit him, but the blow's impact will be huge"

Turning around I stood still seeing my jeej standing there. Nothing can escape his eyes, for no abusrd reason he is a psycharitist and that too a famous one. Hope I was not transparent. His set of words shook me up

"Aju you and me both know Mithu is past those events. She is over it completely. I can vouch both that both as her husband and as her therapist. My next concern is you, not at any time I want you to get into any mess because of Mithu. Also get this into Adi's thick skull too. Do you get me?"

"Nothing as such jeej. We were discussing just about an upcoming project and our competitor", that is a close call

Jeej gave a nod taking me along with him for breakfast. I Know he is not convinced but he let it slide this time. 

_______________________

* Jeej (Jeeju) - Brother in law

* Bachu(Bacha)-  Kid or little one

****************

A/N:So how is this? We got an intro of our Arjun and his lovely Sis Anu ,Jeej Pranav and Bestie Adi .Cute family right?!

What happened to Anu before 3 years?Why she needed therapy from Pranav?Who is coming from Sydney?Whose details is detective Mathur gonna send Adi and Arjun?

Will not Karan and Krystal make a good pair as Anu and Pranav?

stay tuned for those answers!! :) Leave your Comments and votes:)

~Rami <3