DAY 4 (Part A)

ARJUN POV:

Standing by the balcony in my penthouse, I let my mind wander to incidents happened hours back on the sea shore of Mandwa. The innocent girl in my arms looked vulnerable. I wanted her to take away from the painful thoughts and give her the love she deserved.

"Why don't we go straight to my home and I will introduce my family to you Basanti? Let's change your world from loneliness to people with love. What say?" I asked her gripping anxiously for her answers.

She was stunned for a second and then shook her head for no murmuring "Hold me tight Arjun that will ease my pain. All I need now is you"

The anxiousness I felt that she may end up saying no, turned into a big smile hearing her answer. I am not her want but a need. It felt soothing to know that I had a great impact on her life.

After few minutes she withdrew from me saying "You are the best medicine I ever had, am feeling better now". Her simple words makes me take a guilt trip even for thinking to hurt this serene girl. I was about to cause her pain but she says I am her medicine.

"Why did I say all these things to you?" She asked me hanging on to my arms.

I looked at her to see how fast she transformed herself from the emotional breakdown to the chirpy girl. Not getting answers from me she further probed letting me think deep on her questions.

"I haven't opened up to anyone all these years Arjun. Not even to Buaji who safeguarded me all along, not even to my friend and not even to Di with whom I spoke on call. I am felling light after grumbling out how much of a rebel I was back then"

Her open statement did things to me. Is she hinting at me that she believed me, she was able to open up to me on her pasts?

It has become a ritual for us to stand on her drive way and enjoy the silence and the day we spent. She was much more okay now, all pain away from her and the usual mirth dancing across her face. She was never this way during initial days now she started getting in ease with me, does that mean she is also falling for me?

My brain was having its own marathon on the reasons behind her happiness, when she stood on her tiptoes placed a kiss on my cheeks uttering a small Thank you. I shook my head to get back to senses.

Holy hell!! If I am feeling this strong for a cheek kiss, think of my situation when we are going to have an actual kiss. She has got a strong grip on my heart that I am having dilemma to let her decide on her marriage. Heck, whatever happens am going to ensure her wedding is cancelled.

She withdrew from me and took a step towards her door, but twirled around to hit my chest because of the pull on her wrist by me. Her hands on my chest, her eyes looking deep into mine, her usual lime fragrance hitting my nostrils, her brows making a question all I wanted to do was cage her lips in mine, alas I blurted out "You didn't follow our ritual?"

"And that is?" she asked cutely scrunching her forehead

"This" I pulled her cheeks and puckered my lips for a flying kiss. She stood in trance for a second and gave me back the flying kiss murmuring something along the lines of Charmer

I came out of trance and glanced at the clock by living room to see I have another 18 hours to meet her the next day.

***

Chandini POV:

"Where is Jiju Di?" I asked helping her to set the table for breakfast.

"Session with one of his client, he said he will be busy for today and tomorrow Pari "Di said serving hot parathas on my plate and sat beside me to have her breakfast.