Away From You

"Freaking Hell. Pradeep is her brother. Did you hear me? He is her step brother. The step brother who put her through, the one who is turning her life living hell by devising a wedding plan and the one who is trying to snatch what is rightfully hers." Kavya screamed through the thick tension that prevailed in the room.

Mess! Everyone in the room was in complete chaos and mess after listening to Kavya's statement

"Was he the reason behind Pari's present condition?" Pranav voiced out dreading for the answer that is about to surface.

A minute of confusion danced across all their faces but Kavya was the one to get that cleared and answered "Yes, he was the one.&

"What is it Pranav? Don't you even keep me away from something where Pari is concerned?" Anu hanged on to Pranav. The tension in the room, guilt everything taking a toll on her health.

"Nothing Mithu." He tried to dodge her question but the vulnerability in her eyes and features made him blurt out the truth. Not anymore of secrecy will help anyone.

"She was abused as a child, undergoing treatment for mental condition and was suicidal." Once the words was out of his mouth Anu staggered back unable to take up the life hitting truth that was blurted out. Adi's gaze was pinned to floor unable to digest the news that had already reached him through mail hours back. The hard truth not only hit Anu but also the man catching his breath standing at the doorway. He was stressed and paralysed to process what was out of Kavya's and his Jiju's mouth.

It was a news to him. He never imagined to hurt her after that day but today he did and he cannot put blame on anyone than him. All he wanted now is his Basanti in his arms. He would shield her from everyone .She is his to be protected and cared but he was responsible for the pain she had endured today. From the way Pranav explained he understood that Chand got to know the truth the same day when she fainted in their hotel but still she was with him throughout giving him only her love not an ounce of hatred for the man he was. She believed in her love, in him and he had successfully fooled her.

"No it can't be Pranav. She is not entitled to go through this much of pain. She is just 20 and orphan. Why does she?" By now Anu's eyes started flooding thinking of everything and she was going out of control. It was not an easy task to accept that the girl whom she has come to treat her as her own child suffered too much and somewhere the reason behind was her baby brothers.

"Mithu .." he called her to bring her out of frenzy state. Arjun who was processing everything from doorway leapt forward to hold on to his sister who was swaying

"Anu .." the instant the voice filled in the room everyone's attention turned towards him.

Kavya was the first one to react, she rushed towards him and held him in her grip "Where is Chandini?" Every one present in the room was awaiting his answers

"Something happened and she left me. I am searching for her." Broken voice of Arjun shook everyone but more than that the fact unrevealed was enough to make Kavya roar in rage.

"See, let me know what had you planned to do with Chandini and where is she now. Let me know and I will leave you off hooks." Kavya stood a feet apart, glaring at Arjun for answers.

"I am saying the fucking truth. I want her beside me right now just like you. But she left me. I pushed her away from me. She knew all along, his gaze went towards Adi who was quiet stunned, I shouted at her in the morning saying it was all fake that was what we had planned all throughout. But I never intend that to happen, I lost my cool seeing that bastard video claiming Chandini again and again as his so I blasted her out of rage and now am searching for her " Arjun voice was coated with despair. That was the first for everyone in that household to witness that broken Arjun.