Truth is out

Chandini

The goofy smile was plastered on my face throughout. After I was back home yesterday ,I slept because of the tiredness and missed his texts. Once I woke up, first thing I did was to send out a sorry and will meet him today evening text. Now I am sitting in NEST's re-reading all his old texts.

"Arrey, what's there in that mobile of yours that makes you smile this much?" Anu di asked amused.

"Ah, it is nothing Di. Say me did you checked with all of their needs?" I diverted the topic to my best and Di did get diverted.

"Yeah Pari, I need your help in it" Anu said with a tinge of sadness.

Pari - The nick name she gave me today morning when we met in NEST. She said when her mom was expecting Arjun, Di wanted a baby sister and was thinking to name her Pari.Since she don't have anyone as sister to call as pari she decided to call me with that name. Truth to say, I love her calling me that.

"My time is all yours di. Come let us get into action" I said ready to help Anu

"Isn't weird that you have become so close to me within few days? Every time I meet you I wonder how quick you become as my soul sister." Anu di said exactly what I was feeling

"Isn't it Di? I too feel the same for you." I said giving her a bunny hug. She had bestowed me with the grin which made her cute. It was midday me and Anu di was working on list of necessities for NEST members. After a quiet hesitation I posed the question which I was holding for long time on not to ask.

"Di, you said you worked as a journalist then why did you quit the job." Unsettling look crossed her face.

I knew by then I have touched a sour nerve.I was sceptical that her job may be related with her going into depression which she said me earlier about. To ease the eerie calmness I reached out to her hands and said "Di, you don't have to say if you are uncomfor.."

Before I could complete my sentence she started "Yeah Pari, I do get uncomfortable but I can never again get into depression on thinking about what happened in the past. My Pranav made sure I came entirely out of that incident. Now my life is all about bliss. I need to get that out of my system to completely let it go. I can never talk this with Bachu or Adi, because they will get into some stupid stunts .Pranav already knew of this and never wants me to relive those days .So I can at least vent out what happened with me to you."

I pressed her hands more to give her the assurance she needed. She felt am trustworthy to share her dark days with me, she preferred me over her brothers. I truly felt belongingness at that exact moment. I vouched myself that whatever may be that pushed her into depression will never get before her or shadow her blissful life now.

"It was exactly 3 years back, when Arjun and Adi started up the business and was tasting fruits of success. I was into investigating journalism and promoted for my work. When in need to edit a junior's draft I came across shocking facts that human trafficking happening in Mumbai. I got into the roots and found the big man behind this ugly network. I submitted my report to my editor, but unknown to me my reporter was a dancing doll in that man's hands. I was kidnapped when my brothers were out of station.

I still remember how I blacked out, when I woke up all I felt was like floating in air. No sane thoughts in my mind. Even though I was in unconscious state I felt bare and exposed, I felt am somewhere where I don't belong. Soon he came in front of my eyes. He was mad with fury that a woman was about to disclose all his secrets. Howling all sort of curses at me and he was ready to get me ripped from my honor. I was almost disrobed, but some call saved me. He was about to throw his mobile to get it thrashed but seeing the caller name he decided against and attended it.