Chapter Two- First Proper Mate

Chapter 2:

Louis found it particularly hard to pay any attention at all as his professor gave a lecture. He found himself dozing off, daydreaming about his charming dorm-mate.

Since their first encounter, Louis was unable to erase the thought of the eccentric, curly-haired boy from his mind. He'd never met anyone quite like Harry. Despite Louis' generally dark demeanor, his spirits lifted when he was near Harry. It was like Harry was a literal ray of sunshine.

Finally, class was dismissed. It was around 12:00, the time that Louis had agreed to meet Harry for tea. Swiftly, Louis made his way to the court-yard; Harrison Pavilion.

Louis stepped onto the green area in the front of the university. It was a lovely sight; a massive fountain in the center of it all that was surrounded by an assortment of beautiful trees. Near the main building was a patch of lovely, various colored and diverse shaped flowers. This was Louis' favorite part; it reminded him of Harry.

He scanned the pavilion for Harry, searching through the many college students trotting to and from classes, or sprawled out under a tree studying. Louis' heart thumped when a pair of hands covered his eyes, impairing his vision. He grinned when a familiar, slightly deep, posh voice said, "Guess who,"

Louis hummed. "Considering you're the only person I actually know here... I'm going to go with Harry."

"You're good at this game," Harry said, removing his hands from Louis' face.

Harry stepped forward and grinned widely at Louis. "How was your day?"

Louis shrugged, "Mediocre. What about yours?"

"Absolutely brilliant!" Harry exclaimed, grasping Louis' hand with his huge one. As they strolled, Harry described in distinct detail every occurrence of his day so far. Louis was hardly paying attention to what words he was actually verbalizing; for he was too focused admiring the excitement that made Harry's face light up like a Christmas tree and the warm, pleasant sensation throughout his body he was receiving from holding the boy's hand.

"How are you finding uni so far, Lou?" Harry encouraged Louis to speak as he sipped on his tea.

Louis glanced out the large glass window of the café and soaked in the sight of people merrily strolling round and cars slowly scooting along the streets. He then rested his vision on the most beautiful sight of all, and began answering his question. "It's proper boring, if I'm being frank."

Harry frowned. "Why's that?"

"I've never been to keen on school. If it weren't for me Nan, I probably wouldn't have even bothered searching for a university to apply for."

"I'm certainly glad she had you come to uni, though," Harry said with a grin. "But you don't like school, you say?"

Louis scoffed, "I bloody hate it. I can't stand sitting in a classroom listening to a middle-age man or woman with a monotone voice trying to explain things to me that I don't care about."

"Well, what about hanging out with mates and things?" Harry bit a lip.

Louis dropped the gaze previously held by Harry. He rubbed his painted arm, "I haven't ever really had a proper mate..."

"Oh, come off it! I'll bet blokes were lining up to be your friend. You're beautiful,"

Harry's compliment ignited a flame in Louis' heart, but memories blew it out. Louis couldn't offer a reply, so they sat for a moment in silence. Harry gaped at Louis sympathetically, then reached over and cupped his chin, angling Louis' face towards his. "I'll be your first proper mate then."

Louis peered up at Harry, heart thumping faster when he locked eyes with an enticing pair of jade ones. A grin tugged his lips. "Is that a threat or a promise?"

Harry chuckled, a smirk forming on his lips. "That depends on your perspective of me."

"Well, you're certainly the most interesting person I've ever encountered," Louis gazed deeply into Harry's lively, bright green eyes. He felt all the weight of his worries lift off his shoulders.

"You'd be amazed at the amount of people who've said that to me," Harry almost sighed.

"Don't worry," Louis told him with a laugh. "You're very cute."

Flattered, Harry's beam returned. He attempted to hide his deliciously red cheeks by putting his mug of steaming tea to his lips and sipping. Louis followed suit, feeling overwhelmed by joy.

_

Louis sighed heavily and slapped the snooze button when his alarm clock went off at 7 am. He forced himself to sit up and rest his bare back against the cool surface of the wall behind him. Louis rubbed the sleep out of his eye, and glanced to the left to find Harry's dormant body curled up in bed still. Usually, Harry got up before Louis, so this confused him. He was relieved when he realized it was Saturday.

He settled back down in bed and rested his head on the lumpy pillow. Louis examined Harry in his unconscious state. He found the boy bewitching as he was consumed in deep slumber. His bottom lip protruded slightly as soft snores escaped him. Harry's dark eyelashes brushed the top of his rosy cheeks.

"Gosh, you're precious," Louis whispered under his breath, chewing on his lip ring. It was difficult to drift off with such a captivating sight right in front of him.

About 30 minutes later, Louis observed as Harry stirred. His eyes fluttered open, and he yawned cutely. His long arms stretched forward. Harry slumped back on the bed then turned his face towards Louis. A grin crept onto his lips. He spoke in a deep, raspy voice. "Good morning, Beautiful."

Louis was slightly surprised by the roughness of his tone; it was quite sexy rather than his normal adorable nature. "Morning," he returned admiringly.

Harry hummed then sat up. The duvet that draped round his body slid down, exposing his shirtless torso. Louis' watched as he ran his fingers through his curly hair, taming the nest that sleeping made turned it into.

"You're kind of perfect, Harry." Louis told him. Harry peered at Louis, grinning.

"You are perfect, Louis."

Harry gave Louis another cheeky wink then stood up and slid on a pair of jeans. "C'mon and get ready,"

Louis knit his eyebrows together, "Why?"

"I want to show you something. C'mon, then!" Harry encouraged, yanking Louis out of bed by his arm. Louis felt flushed when he was exposed in nothing but a pair of pants, but Harry didn't seem to mind.

_

Louis dressed himself in a zombie-like manner which irritated the eager Harry. Once finally ready, Louis allowed Harry to lead him out of the dorm.