Chapter Twelve- Can't Buy Love

The task Louis was provided with proved to be arduous. He'd never attempted to express his feelings in the past; he'd kept everything bottled up. That's the way he liked to be.

He also liked to be with Harry, and Harry wanted Louis to show him that he loved him. In Louis' mind the three simple words were proof enough, but he was willing to put himself out there. For Harry. 

Louis had a fantastic idea that was certain to prove his affection for the curly-haired boy, and he was seconds away from presenting his gift. A beam shone across his face as Harry entered their dorm. 

"Hey, Harry. I got something for you," Louis announced, outstretching the hand that was carrying a small box. 

Harry took the messily wrapped box warily, and tore the paper off. He grinned, "Louis, you didn't have to get me a watch,"

Louis shrugged, "You're always complaining about being late..."

Harry slide the accessory on his slim wrist then placed a kiss onto Louis' flushed cheek. "Thank you," he said simply before laying down on his bed. 

Louis stood for a moment, waiting for a bit more of a response. "So..."

"Yeah?" Harry spoke with that beautiful, happy grin of him. 

"Do you believe me now?" 

"Do I believe you love me because you bought me a watch?" Harry confirmed. Louis nodded.

"Lou, love isn't about how much money you spend on a gift!"

"Then what is love about for God sake!" Louis shouted. 

Harry flinched slightly, but the happy grin quickly returned to his lips. "Love is a wonderful thing, Lou. And if you really love me, then you'll know."

That was all Harry had to say on the matter, and he began reading a novel.

Louis was extremely frustrated. He didn't know, despite what Harry had suggested. He didn't know how he was suppose to prove his love for Harry, and he didn't know what to do.

_

Louis tried buying Harry slightly less expensive things. Over the course of the week he'd gotten Harry a bouquet of his 'favorite' flowers (Louis had gotten Harry roses and insisted that Harry told him they were his favorite, but Harry reminded him that he was wrong), a few books, and other various miscellaneous things,  

"Why don't you believe me?!" Louis tossed his hands up in frustation. 

"You can't buy love, Lou." Harry assured him with a gentle nod. 

"Stop being metaphorical and just tell me what it is I have to do to get you to bloody believe me when I tell you I love you!" 

Harry stood up and gazed upon the older boy with pity in his emerald eyes, "I want you to understand what love is, Louis. Buying things for me is kind, but it's not love."

Harry stalked out of the dorm, leaving Louis even more flustered than ever. He threw his body onto his bed and mumbled a string of profanities. 

What am I going to do? He thought to himself. 

Then a brilliant idea came into his mind. Not the kind of brilliant he thought was brilliant in the past. A genuinely good idea that was sure to prove to Harry that Louis not only loved him, but wanted to be with him. 

He jolted up out of his bed and seized his notebook; the one he keeps all of his poems and songs in. Louis loved writing, but he always thought he was rubbish at it. He'd never told anyone he wrote, aside from Harry. Harry doesn't know what kind of things he does right, contrariwise. 

He tapped his pen against his chin, trying to think of things that describe Harry. 

Beautiful. Wonderful. Special. Insightful. Funny. Adorable. Extremely adorable. Flowers. Curly. Adorable. Harry. 

With a smile on his lips he began to carry out his plan.