Chapter Ten- Christmas Morning

"Happy Christmas, Louis!" 

Louis groaned, pulling the pillow over his face. "Five more minutes."

"It's Christmas, Lou! C'mon," Harry whined. 

"Alright, fine," Louis sighed. With much difficulty, Louis sat up and rubbed the sleep from his tired eyes. 

Harry smiled and handed Louis a bag, "Happy Christmas, Louis," 

"Harry," 

"Just open it! It's not that glamorous." 

Louis removed the tissue paper from the bag and pulled out a cool vintage t-shirt. Louis grinned, "This is sick, Harry. Thanks. I got you something, too," Louis said with a michervious smirk. 

"Ooh, did you?" Harry chuckled as he watched Louis pick up a box and hand it to him. 

Harry tore open the box and laughed when he found a crown of flowers personalized by Louis. "This is brilliant, Lou,"

Harry placed the crown over his messy hair. It was constructed with black flowers. "I think this is my favorite,"

Louis grinned sadly. He felt bad. Terrible, even. Harry got him brilliant gifts, and he barely even tried with Harry's. He wondered why Harry had to be so bloody fantastic all the time. "I've never been good a gift giving,"

"It's perfect," Harry said with a smile. He pressed a lingering kiss to Louis cheek, "Thank you."

Louis tugged on his lip-ring, "Thank you, too,"

Harry knit his eyebrows together. "What's the matter?"

"Oh, nothing,"

"Lou, your doing that lip-ring thing. What're you anxious about?" 

Louis dropped his head, "I'm fine, really,"

Harry cupped Louis' chin and angled his face towards him. "Please tell me,"

"I don't want to talk about it," Louis stood to his feet and began trudging to the door. 

"Lou... Please,"

Louis wasn't sure what emotion was rising in his chest as he rested his hand on the doorknob. Whatever it was it was boiling in his chest, rising higher and higher. "Are you trying to make me feel like rubbish?"

Harry was confused, "What?"

Louis turned to Harry. "It's like you're trying to make me look bad. You say you love me and don't get mad when I don't say it back, you buy me really expensive things for Christmas and my birthday when we both know you can hardly afford food. Who does that!?"

"I-I'm just trying to be nice..." Harry stated quite frankly. "I'm sorry..."

"No you aren't! No one is just nice like that to me! No one loves me, Harry! What do you want from me?!"

Harry shrugged then let his head drop, "I just want to make you happy..."

Tears began to well in Louis' eyes. "People like you don't just exist. You're too kind, and perfect, and sweet. People like you don't just come into my miserable life. Until you tell me what you're playing at, just leave me alone," 

With that he slammed the door shut with all his force. He stood there momentarily, instatntly regretting everything. He listened to the soft sounds on Harry weeping. His heart cracked. 

He found himself repeating the question that he seemed to have asked himself loads. What have I done?