Chapter Three-Cherubs and Fallen Angels

Chapter 3:

Harry dragged a confused Louis through the campus. Louis was tried and he decided it took far too much energy to protest. He went along with it and found himself being led into a nice little kid's park with a wooded area behind it.

"Why are we at a playground?" Louis inquired, scanning about the place.

"You'll see," Harry answered giddily.

They entered the foliage through a narrow path. The bright sunshine shone through the trees. Birds sang their songs as they flew from branch to branch. Louis felt a sense of serenity as he trekked along the trail.

"Here it is," Harry announced as they finally reached their destination. It was about an acre of land without trees; just grass and various plants. Butterflies fluttered in the air and busy bees zipped along the flowers collecting pollen.

"Wow," Louis gasped in awe. Harry simpered at Louis.

"Oh, Tin-man, you do have a heart," Harry teased.

Rolling his eyes, Louis followed Harry to the center of the space. They both lay side by side, staring up at the brilliant blue sky with wispy cirrus clouds hanging high in the air.

"Louis?" Harry said, interrupting the few minutes of silence.

Louis hummed. "Yeah?"

"Have you ever been in love?" Harry questioned quite innocently.

"Does such a thing even exist?" Louis pined.

"Of course!" Harry said emphatically. "Love makes the world go round, Lou."

"I disagree," Louis allowed his eyelids to slip over his blue eyes. "Love is simply a myth. You can only truly care about someone; but before long you'll find them slipping away from your life. The world is cruel, humans are cruel. The only person someone could imagine loving is themselves. And even then most people can't seem to do that."

"So... You don't love anyone?"

"It's impossible to love,"

"Then explain the feelings people get for the ones they marry. The feelings that courses through your veins and envelopes your heart when you're with that one special person. The intense emotion that entirely consumes your heart and shifts your perspective on everything, even if you had the worst day in the world. What would that be if not love?"

"A trick; a sick, evil trick that hormones lure you into and then break you apart when the thing you "loved" disappears forever,"

"What's happened to make you think like this?" Harry inquired, appalled by Louis' negativity.

Louis winced. "To sum it up; I was born."

"Well," Harry sighed. "I'm sure that one day you'll find someone who can change your mind. There no doubt that you used to believe in love."

"Used to," Louis emphasized. "Not anymore, not ever."

Harry gazed upon the other boy with sorrow; studying his pierced lip and eyebrow, the inked inscriptions of his tan skin, and his idle blue eyes. And Harry understood. He understood that Louis was shattered; but refused to believe he was beyond repair.

Harry leant in real close to Louis and pressed a lingering kiss to his cheek, causing butterflies to erupt in Louis' stomach. Harry whispered, "I know your heart can love again; let it."

Louis' eyes were slightly wide when Harry withdrew from his presence. He turned his head to see the younger lad raking his fingers through the soft grass. He pondered what Harry had said as he watched the boy manufacture a crown of flowers.

It took just under ten minutes for Harry to complete his task; pale, pink and burnt orange flowers arranged beautifully into a delicate halo. Harry regarded Louis with a playful smirk on his heart-shaped lips.

"Put it on,"

Louis shook his head. "No, that's definitely not going to work for me."

"C'mon, Lou! It's just us, don't be a knob,"

Louis sat up with a grunt and stared at Harry. "Well, put it on then."

Harry was chuffed to place the crown atop Louis' feathery, light brown hair. He laughed happily and grinned from ear to ear. "You're an angel,"

Louis frowned. "Don't belittle me, you're the cherub."

"Fine then; fallen angel." Harry amended.

Louis minded that title less. "I look bloody ridiculous, don't I?"

"You look alluring," Harry assured. "As always."

Louis' lips curled into a smile and he watched Harry make a second one out of white and light blue flowers. He gingerly placed it on top of his un-brushed curly locks.

"It works so much better for you than me," Louis pointed out, plucking orange petals from his crown.

Harry chuckled. "At least the vine I use for the base doesn't get caught in your hair."

"I'm afraid to test that theory, but I'm banking on you being incorrect."

"It may get caught but not as nastily,"

Louis shrugged, and then removed the crown from his head with little to no trouble. "Where'd you learn to make these?" Louis asked, examining the crown.

Harry gave the crown a winsome smile, "My great aunt taught me; and everything I know about flowers. She used to look after my sister and I when our mum was at work."

"Have you got a father?" Louis posed curiously.

"Well, sure I've got one," Harry replied. "I haven't seen him since I was 5, though. He walked out and never came back."

Louis frowned, "My apologies... I shouldn't have asked,"

"Don't fret about it. It doesn't bother me. Everything happens for a reason, why dwell on it?" Harry spoke without his smile fading.

Louis was intrigued Harry's attitude. He was indestructible; he was hurt by absolutely nothing. Emotionally; he's like a super hero.

"I admire your positivity," Louis said, rubbing a soft petal between two fingers.

"Why thank you. I take pride in being positive; people seem to be happier when they're not thinking of the bad."

"I wish I possessed your mindset."

"You could," Harry said.

"I don't think a clinically depressed lad could, plain-speaking."

"I think you could. Just hold onto what makes you happy and reject what doesn't."

"How old are you, Harry?" Louis inquired, shifting the subject slightly.

"I'm 17," Harry answered.

Louis' eyebrows rose, "Is that right? You've got more wisdom than a 60 year old."

Harry laughed, "I'd like to think that, but honestly I just speak my mind. Loads of people think like me but aren't as outspoken. I don't care what the world says about me."

"If the world ever said anything malice towards you, it'd be unjust."

"The same goes for you,"

"My pain is recompense for my actions." Louis stated.

"You haven't done anything."

"Nothing that you know of," Louis sighed.

Harry had questions, but chose not to press. They lightened the subject by speaking of various things that 17 and 19 year old boys talk about.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: thanks to everyone whose read this so far it means looooads! tell you friends, tell you mum, tell your doggg

-Julia.xx