Chapter Six- Relationship Issues

Chapter 6:

Louis had been cancelling plans with Harry for a straight week. They had small clashes here and there but nothing major. He missed being with Harry but he was petrified to compromise ridicule for meeting him in public.

Harry was growing less and less tolerant of Louis’ behavior. He finally snapped when Louis called off their afternoon tea for the 3rd time.

“What’s going on, Louis?” Harry pressed with annoyance in his usually frivolous tone.

 “N-Nothing… I’m just busy,” Louis responded nervously.

“But you’ve been dodging me all week long!  You don’t even wave to me anymore when I see you around campus,” Harry spoke slowly, coming to realization. His bright green eyes got a tint of darkness, and gleamed with water.

“Harry, I-“

“You’re embarrassed of me, aren’t you?” Harry accused with a shaky voice.

Louis gulped, his eyes dropping. He didn’t know how to reply. He couldn’t reply. He didn’t reply.

Harry stood waiting for a response, and his heart shattered all the more when he didn’t get one. “Right… I’ll let you alone, then,”

He turned quickly and jogged to the door of their dorm. Louis called out to him, “Wait,”

Harry ignored his request and exited the dorm. He left Louis there, feeling worse than he ever had. Never in his life time did he think someone would have to power to reduce Harry to tears; but Louis realized that he did. And he was the cause for Harry’s tears to fall down.

“What have I done?” Louis asked himself in disgust, feeling more alone than ever before.

 _

 The two boys were going on day 3 with no contact. Louis couldn’t stand it; watching Harry be his cheerful, giddy, charming self as he stumbled round miserable, trying not to drag his feet.

Louis was headed back to the dorm when a boy whom he recognized from year 12. He was tall, and had an arrogant simper on his handsome face. Louis knew him to be called Lawrence Abbey. “Hello, Tomlinson.”

Louis gave him a nervous glance and a small wave. He continued on his way, not paying mind to Lawrence. Lawrence advanced on Louis and stood in front of him, blocking the way. “I want to have a little chat, old friend. Are you homo for Harry Styles?”

Louis’ lip trembled, “N-No… Harry hates me.”

“Awe, are you having relationship issues with you hippie boyfriend?” Lawrence sneered.

Feeling his eyes brimming with tears, Louis attempted to brush past Lawrence. Instead of allowing him to beat a hasty retreat, Lawrence slammed the weaker boy back against a wall. “Where are you going, fag? I’m not done catching up,”

“L-Leave me alone,” Louis demanded with little authority or passion. Truthfully, he wanted to be punched in the gut and smacked across the face. He wanted the familiar feeling of pain to course through his body.

“Tell me about your lover, Lou. Is he a good kisser?” Lawrence pressed on. “Does he make your arse hurt?”

“Hey, get off of him!” shouted a recognizable voice from behind.

“Oh, look who it is, Tomlinson,” Lawrence mused. “It’s flower-boy to the rescue.”

“Please just let him go. If you’re going to hurt anyone, let it be me. Louis didn’t do anything.” Harry tried to reason.

Lawrence pouted a lip. “How sweet,”

“C’mon, get off of him,” Harry tugged Lawrence away from Louis.

Lawrence gave Louis a cold glare before pushing Harry away, “Don’t touch me.” He then sauntered off, away from the two boys.

Louis looked desperately at Harry. Harry didn’t glance at Louis before he went off in the same direction that Lawrence had gone.

Louis felt his own heart crack. He wanted more than anything to sprint after Harry and hug him, be in his arms, kiss his perfect lips. Be totally and completely connected to him. But he didn’t posses the willpower to make any changes in the situation. He let a tear streak down his face as he started up his journey yet again.