Chapter Four- Tag

Chapter 4:

"You know, Harry, I've never heard your surname." Louis pointed out as the strolled out of the forest.

"Styles," Harry enlightened him.

Louis was delighted by this, "Harry Styles? That's perfect,"

"I'm sure I don't understand." Harry said.

"The name just fits you like a glove."

Harry shrugged and accepted his answer. "What's your surname?"

"Tomlinson,"

"Hmmm," Harry hummed. "Harry Tomlinson does sound about right, then."

Louis grinned as Harry winked. "It has got a nice ring to it,"

Harry leapt up on the slide of the abandoned play-set. "Harry Tomlinson, Louis Styles. It's inevitable."

"At least take me to dinner before you arrange our wedding." Louis chuckled, leaning against a supporting beam adjacent to the slide.

"What's fun about being traditional?" Harry asked as he climbed up the slippery surface with slight trouble.

"Tradition isn't necessarily fun... It's just traditional." Louis replied, giggling as he watched the boy try to climb.

"Tradition is so boring," Harry strained as he finally reached the top. He stood triumphantly on the structure. "I like to challenge the status quo."

"I can't imagine that," Louis said ironically.

Harry grinned then bounced down the steps, stepping on the mulch that lay on the ground. He stepped towards Louis, and lightly tapped his shoulder, then sprinted away. "You're it!"

Charmed, Louis crossed his arms over his chest and stood motionless as Harry continued darting away from him. Once Harry realized he was not being chased, he glanced back at Louis. "C'mon, Lou, play with me!"

"Should've asked me to play 13 years ago,"

"Come off it and tag me; it's fun!" Harry turned and ran off further.

Louis released a disgruntled huff and mumbled under his breath, "I can't believe I'm doing this," he pushed his weight off the pole he'd been leaning against and began jogging after Harry.

Harry peered back at Louis with a smirk on his face, "Good luck catching a tortoise, running like that,"

Taking Harry's comment as a challenge, Louis began running full speed towards the other boy. Louis hadn't run properly in a long time, but he was still light on his feet. It wasn't long before he had nearly caught up with Harry.

When Louis was just behind him, he outstretched his arm, his fingertips grazing Harry's back.

"Still can't get me!" Harry taunted, attempting to increase proximity between the two of them.

"Yes I can," Louis announced before throwing himself at Harry. He encased the boy's body in his arms as the both tumbled to the earth. The boys both laughed loudly as they rolled over each other on the ground.

They landed at the base of a hill with their limbs tangled together. Beams shone brightly on the two boy's faces as they gazed into each other's eyes, becoming entranced. They stared deeply into one another's hearts until Harry couldn't take it anymore. He launched forward and smashed his lips upon Louis'.

Sparks exploded and an intense feeling like an electric shock ignited Louis' spine. He was caught off guard slightly, but swiftly lost himself in the moment, squeezing his eyes closed and savoring the taste of Harry's lips. Harry wrapped his hand round the back of Louis' neck, encouraging him to come nearer. Louis gratefully accepted the invitation and found his fingers caught in Harry's curls.

Moments later the boys separated. Louis' upper lip quavered slightly as his eye remained loosely shut. Although he couldn't see it, he felt Harry's incredibly bright smile.

"I told you playing tag was fun," Harry whispered breathlessly.