Chapter Eight-Perfect

Louis, growing tetchy and extremely bored, tried his best to remain completely motionless. He grumbled to the younger boy, "Have you quite finished?"

Harry giggled merrily, "Just a little longer, Lou,"

After a few more excruciating moments, Harry gave Louis a wide smile. "Would you like to see it?"

Breathing out a sigh of relief, Louis shifted to face Harry, "Sure,"

A shade of crimson crept onto Harry's cheeks as he proudly reviled his master-piece. Louis gaped at the truly terrific drawing that Harry'd created.

It was an astounding sketch of Louis, every detail quintessential. Every centimeter of his face was immaculately represented with only a pencil; his hair, lips, nose, eyes, and even his piercings.

"This is ace, Harry," Louis exhaled in astonishment.

Harry grinned. "Thanks. It's not nearly as beautiful as the real thing, though,"

Louis felt a wave of sentiment travel through his veins. He continued to scrutinize the drawing, "You're a proper prodigy,"

"I am studying to become an artist," Harry chortled lightly.

Louis' smiled and passed the sketchbook back to Harry, "Well, I can assure that you're going to do very well if you pursue it."

Flattered, Harry set the sketchpad on the soft grass. "If you could be anything in the world, what would you be?"

Louis entertained this thought. He could indeed think of something, but he was too abashed to actually say it. He merely shrugged, "I don't know,"

"C'mon, Lou, what's your dream? What do you love to do?" Harry pressed on.

Louis sighed, "I love writing."

Harry, slightly shocked by this, but still glad that Louis had opened up about it, smiled. "What type of things do you write?"

"It doesn't matter," Louis snapped. "It's not like I'm going to get anywhere with it."

Harry frowned, "You don't know that."

"Dreams don't come true," Louis stated simply.

"Then what about famous singers, actors, authors, painters, and anyone else with an admirable goal they've achieved?"

"Luck," Louis shrugged.

Harry creased his eyebrows together. "You're extremely pessimistic."

"They say you are a product of your environment," Louis retorted emotionlessly. He flattened his stomach against the ground and fiddled with the a few blades of grass buried under the crunchy autumn leaves.

"What was your environment like then?"

Harry's innocent question caused terrible flashes of memories to go through Louis' mind. He shut his eyes tightly and winced as he relived being treated like a punching bag.

"Lou?" Harry spoke, snapping Louis out of the horrific trance.

"Sorry," Louis swallowed. "My environment was harsh..."

Harry rolled on his side. He began lightly tracing the tattoos on Louis' skin, "I'm listening."

Louis paused, wondering if he should enlighten Harry on all the things that had caused him to have such a negative outlook on life. "I was... I was bullied a lot in school."

Harry pouted his bottom lip. "I'm really sorry, Lou,"

"It's alright. It's over now... Somewhat,"

A light-bulb came on in Harry's mind, "Is that why you were so worried about the people teasing you for being round me?"

Feeling slightly guilty, Louis nodded his head. "I'm sorry,"

"No! It's fine, Lou. I understand it now."

Louis closed his eyes once again and allowed a single tear to fall. His heart fluttered when he felt Harry's thumb brush against his skin, catching the falling drop. He opened his eyes and immediately found himself gazing into Harry's alluring green ones.

"I know that's not the only thing that's happened to you," Harry went on to say in a low tone. "You don't have to tell me. I just want you to know that there is good in the world. Wonderful things you'll do, brilliant people you'll meet, and someone perfect that you'll fall in love with. If you just give up you'll never experience the truly beautiful things in life. You're absolutely stunning, Louis. Inside and out. You deserve to be happy. But being happy starts with you,"

Louis grinned at this amazing boy sat right next to him. "You know you're the sweetest thing ever, right?"

"I don't know about that..."

"Don't even deny it, curly," Louis spoke humorously. "You're a saint,"

Harry rolled on his back and gazed up at the clear blue sky. "I'm not a saint... I'm just insightful,"

"And angelic, and sweet, and pure, and bloody perfect," Louis added, copying Harry's actions and laying back.

"I think you're the most perfect person I've ever had the pleasure of encountering," Harry concluded after a brief moment of silence as the two boys watched the clouds shift and birds fly high in the air.

"I am far from perfect, my love," Louis disagreed.

"You are to me,"

Louis shook his head and shut his eyes.

"Like your hair. Your hair is perfect," Harry began to elaborate. "It's all cute and feathery. Your nose is perfect. It's adorable. You lips are absolutely perfect. I love kissing them... They're so soft... And they fit with mine perfectly. And your eyes, Lou. They're enticing. The blue sky will never be able to compete with the wonderful color of your eyes."

This made Louis smile. It wasn't just the kind of smile that makes your lips stretch, or the kind that makes you look like an idiot. It was the kind that ignited his entire being. It sent waves of happiness rushing all throughout his body. It made him feel like his little Grinch heart grew three sizes.

"Thank you, Harry..."

"I haven't even gotten to the most perfect thing about you," Harry declared. "I haven't talked about you perfect personality. You're brilliant. You always make me feel good. I love seeing you smile. It makes me happy to someone as wonderfully wonderful as you is happy. You're so wonderful I can't even explain what makes you wonderful," he gushed.

"If you don't stop with all these compliments my self-esteem is going to explode," Louis chuckled.

"Sorry," Harry apologized, slightly embarrassed. "I just..."

"Just what?" Louis asked curiously.

Harry gnawed on his bottom lip and hung his head. He nervously twiddled his thumbs and mumbled, "IloveyouLouis,"

Louis lifted an eyebrow, "Speak again,"

Harry exhaled deeply before picking up his head. He stared Louis in the eyes. "I love you,"