Chapter Five- Humiliation

Chapter 5:

Harry Styles... Harry Tomlinson... Louis and Harry Tomlinson

Louis scribbled on a scrap sheet of paper during a lesson. He sat way in the back, so it was safe to completely disregard what the professor was saying and daydream about his unofficial boyfriend.

He found himself frequently recalling the taste that Harry's lips allow. His boisterous laugh, his prominent dimples, the way his eyes crinkle when he grins, his curly hair and the flower crowns he wears. Everything about Harry captivated Louis, and he'd only known him for 3 short weeks.

Louis was too caught up in his imagination to become conscious of his classmate that leant over and examined his paper. She creased her eyebrows and spoke in a hushed tone, "Who's Harry?"

Startled, Louis covered the words with his palm and rested his wide eyes on the professor. He grumbled, "No one,"

The girl smiled mischievously. "Is he your boyfriend?"

"No," Louis gulped and glanced downward.

She giggled, the whipped round and began whispering into her friends ear. Louis' heart throbbed with angst when more and more people began stifling their laughs. He knew they were at his expense.

The sentiment of humiliation wasn't a stranger to Louis. He just dropped his head and held back his tears, just like old times. He was the first one to exit the room.

Louis stomped down the corridor, hiding his face from the other students who were judgmentally eyeing him. Feeling self conscious and flat out horrible, he decided to skip his next class and journey straight to Harrison Pavilion where he was scheduled to convene with Harry.

_

It was a windy Wednesday afternoon, but the bright sunlight warmed Louis' painted arms. He'd arrived at the rendezvous point 30 minutes ahead of time and had been sat on a bench soaking in the sun ever since. An exuberant Harry skipped along and smiled brighter when he laid eyes on Louis.

"Good afternoon, Louis." Harry greeted joyously.

Louis granted the boy a simple grin, the scanned his eyes round the area. He spotted a few girls whispering and pointing at the two of them. Conscious of this, he stood up and said to Harry, "Let's have a stroll, then,"

"Okay," Harry smiled. He gripped Louis' hand in his own, but Louis rejected the gesture and shoved his hands in his pocket. Harry was disappointed, but not fazed.

"How are you?" he inquired, grinning at Louis.

Louis edginess was noticeable. His eyes wandered all around the two boys, anxious that spectators were near, watching every move he made. Louis couldn't bear this; he couldn't bear being judged. "I'm fine,"

"Are you sure? You seem a bit uneasy..." Harry pointed out, the corners of his lips turning downward.

"I'm alright, Harry," Louis grumbled impatiently.

"Right then..."

They continued on foot, neither boys enjoying themselves or engaging in conversation. Harry could sense tension within Louis, but didn't speak about it. He just shuffled along with a jumpy Louis, scuffing his converse against the concrete.

"It was great catching up with you, Harry. I'll see you later," Louis sputtered out then turned and began retreating.

"Wait," Harry called out, taking Louis' forearm and tugging him back. "Why are you so eager to leave?"

Louis shrugged, "Don't want to be late for class,"

Harry cocked an eyebrow. "You and I both know that is not what you're worried about. Tell me what's wrong."

"I said I'm fine," Louis told him with finality, brushing off his hand and stalking away, leaving Harry alone on the pavement.

_

Louis did indeed want to be in Harry's presence. He loved being with the boy; he felt like an entirely new person. However, he couldn't stand to be drowned in the sea of watchful eyes round him. He was uncomfortable when people began taking notice of him. It seemed to be happening more and more.

What pestered him the most is what he knew they were talking about; Harry and himself. Everyone is aware that Harry is not exactly heterosexual, but his wonderful personality made up for the fact. No one made fun of him, they had fun with him. Louis is a different story.

Shy and lonely with his head held down everywhere he goes, eyes drowning in his past. Louis rarely chinned up, or showed any signs of being mentally present in this world. The only thing that brought him to life was Harry. The only one who noticed him was Harry. The only one who cares is Harry.

Now that there's something noteworthy about Louis he's beginning to receive negative attention. To Louis, it was the worst feeling in the world. He was relieved when he finally made it to the dorm-room, content to be alone and in private. He shed his shirt and slid on some jogging pants.

Once settled, he crawled into bed and put on some music. He drifted off into a troubled sleep with rock tunes pounding in his head.