Chapter Thirteen-Undone

The next day rolled round. Louis had instructed Harry to meet him at the meadow. He was scowling at his failed picnic when Harry strode over to him.

"Hi, Lou," Harry greeted with a gleeful grin as he lowered himself onto the blanket that was spread out on the ground. 

"Hi," Louis muttered in response.

Harry frowned, "What's the matter?"

Louis sighed, "I was trying to make a picnic... But I don't actually know what goes in a picnic,"

Harry was slightly amused as pulled things out of the basket. The 'picnic' consisted of burnt toast, juice boxes, poorly made chocolate cake from a box, a thin blue blanket on the slightly frozen grass (considering it was March), and a glass jar with a single rose whose petals were droopy and flimsy.

Very embarrassed, Louis dropped his head. "I don't even know why I try, I'm the poorest excuse for a human being alive-"

"It's perfect," Harry spoke over him. A large smile sat on the younger boy's heart-shaped lips as he admired the feast that was hardly fit for a peasant. The nippy wind whipped through his outrageous curly hair and his green eyes flicked to Louis, and he gazed at the older boy admiringly. "I love it."

Louis was confused, "You do? It's rubbish,"

"It's lovely," Harry corrected before smashing his lips onto Louis. the same intense feeling of warmth and affection spread through Louis' body as he grinned into the kiss. As they separated, Harry stared into Louis' blue eyes and found a gleam of radiance instead of the usually nothingness. "Thank you,"

"You're welcome," Louis told him. They shared another sweet kiss before Harry withdrew from Louis and poked his straw through the top of his juice box. He began sipping on it as Louis reached into his pocket and retrieved a tattered piece of paper that was nearly too crumpled to be considered a piece of paper. 

Harry perked his head at it, "What's that?"

Louis' cheeks glowed red, "I, uh, I wrote you a poem..."

Harry was delighted by the other boys response. He laid on his stomach, head in hands and all attention towards Louis, eager to hear what he had written. 

Louis cleared his throat then squinted to read his barely legible hand-writing. He spoke softly, reciting the words from the page.

"I was asleep in the darkness, using despair as a pillow to lay my weary head on

Lost in a cave of dark and twisted torments

Nobody cared enough to search for me, so farther into the dangerous wiles of my own sadness I ventured

Until an angel appeared before me with eyes that shine brighter than any star could dream of

Through an arduous journey the beautiful angel lead me from my own mind into the brightness of

what appears to be hope, happiness, and love

My angel saved me from myself; My angel is you." 

Harry's eyes squinted to make room for the gigantic smile presented on his lips. He was undone. Louis chewed on his lip ring and glanced nervously at the other boy. All of a sudden, Louis found his back against the blanket and his lips attached to Harry's. 

Louis rested his hands on Harry's hips as the younger boy straddled him. Harry wrapped his lanky arms tightly around Louis. "You're the sweetest person in the entire world,"

Louis chuckled, "Don't give me your title,"

"Can I get that poem framed?" Harry inquired with his head resting on Louis' chest. 

Louis grinned and tangled his fingers in Harry's large bush of curls. "Sure, Love."

Harry smiled, but his curious mind wandered to a different topic. "Why didn't you believe in love before, Lou?"

Louis sighed as the memories he'd been attempting to repress flooded his mind again. "If I tell you, promise me that you won't stop being with me,"

Harry nodded, "I'd never leave you."

Louis allowed his eyelids to slide shut. He inhaled shakily then began speaking, "When I was about nine, I was driving with m-me mum and dad. I was throwing a f-fit about something stupid, and I-I threw this toy I had at the windshield in front of my mum. I don't remember what happened in detail, b-but we swerved off the road, and it felt like a roller coaster..." 

Harry traced his fingers through Louis' hair softly, trying to comfort the sniffling boy. "It's alright, Lou,"

Once he regained his composure, Louis began speaking again. "I just recall waking up in a hospital and my dad crying his eyes out... Mum she.. She didn't make it... Ever since then dad he, he hated me. He said I was a mistake; if I'd never been born then maybe m-mum would still be alive. He hit me a lot..."

"Oh, Lou," Harry gasped. He embraced the trembling boy tightly and held him in his arms as he fell apart. "It wasn't your fault, Lou. It wasn't... You need to forgive yourself."

"It was all my fault," Louis cried. 

Harry shushed him and kissed his forehead gingerly. "No, Lou. Your dad was just heartbroken about your mothers death, and he took it out on you. You're perfectly fine, baby, I promise you it wasn't your fault."

Louis sniffled. "But I threw the toy,"

"But you weren't controlling the car. You didn't make it swerve, Lou. The culpability isn't your's,"

"But my dad! He absolutely abhors me. He hates me..."

Harry held Louis tightly, "Your mum loves you, Lou. She's up in Heaven looking down on you with love. She knows you're not to blame. Your father knows you aren't to blame. I know you aren't. You're the only one. You're innocent, Lou."

With a tight grasp on Harry's sweater, Louis' hiccuping and sobbing began to calm down a little. "I miss her."

Harry nodded his head, "It's hard. And I'm so sorry, Louis. I really am. You've been put through a lot. But I promise you, things are going to be better now."

Louis pulled his head from Harry's neck and gaped into his eyes. Harry grinned. Louis' button nose was red and his blue eyes were glossy. Harry wiped some tears that were streaming down his face.

"Do you believe me now?" Louis inquired, looking up at the younger boy hopefully. 

Harry nodded with a pleased expression. "Of course I believe my boyfriend,"

Louis grinned at his new title. The two boys laid back on the blanket and gazed up at the starry sky. The late winter breeze nipped their skin, but they stayed warm in each others arms. And for the first time in a long time, Louis felt genuinely content. 

"I love you," Louis whispered to his boyfriend.

Harry pecked his lips then mumbled against them, "I love you, too,"

And there the two boys laid, perfectly connected in ever aspect. They understood one another on levels only lovers could. Because they were lovers; perfect, happy lovers and neither of them would trade what they had for the world. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Thank you sooo much for reading. this was just kind of a quick story id been working on to put some of my otp fluff on the account. love youuuu.xx

-Julia.xx