Chapter Seven-Pouring Rain

Chapter 7:

Louis found his life without Harry quite similar to his life prior to university; empty. He went about in a sullen mood as he endured endless slurs prejudice to soft lads and occasionally getting shoved around. It was hopeless; he was hopeless.

The season was transforming from summer to autumn. The grand trees in the pavilion began shedding their colorful leaves and the temperature dropped. It would have been a sight for sore eyes if a million other things weren't weighing on Louis' mind.

He was dwelling on the hope that he and the wonderful curly-haired boy would reunite. No such event occurred for an extensive amount of time, and each day was accumulated to the pain, as if someone was placing more and more heavy stones on his chest.

It was a somber evening at the university. Dark stratus clouds hung low in the sky creating an ominous feeling. The weather perfectly reflected Louis' mood and he trudged along. Much to his chagrin, freezing precipitation began falling relentlessly against his body. He exhaled deeply and threw the hood of his jacket over his beanie.

He stumbled along for 20 minutes in the pouring rain until he finally made it to the dorm. Sopping wet and quavering violently, he turned the doorknob and stepped inside. He immediately shed his drenched jacket, then the rest of his clothes. He was in only a pair of pants when he realized that Harry was sat on his bed.

"S-Sorry..." He mumbled, covering himself and grabbing dry clothes. Louis went into the toilet and changed, sighing in relief. Pajama bottoms hung lowly on his hips and a black t-shirt covered his still trembling torso. He slowly went to his bed, then fell in and wrapped his comforter round his body tightly. Nothing seems to stop the shaking.

"Louis," he heard the other boy's voice say in the first time in what felt like forever.

The sound echoed in Louis' mind. He didn't say anything as he tried to figure out if it was real or just his imagination. Then Harry's voice said louder, "Louis,"

Louis turned his head towards Harry responded with chattering teeth. "Y-Yeah?"

Harry frowned, and then scotched over slightly. He patted the newly open spot, "C'mere,"

Louis shook his head. "I'm fine, it-it's okay."

"C'mere, Lou," Harry repeated.

With much effort, Louis stood to his feet and shuffled over to Harry's bed. He rested his weight on the mattress and allowed himself to be encased in Harry's inhumanly warm arms. He was relieved in more than one way to be so close to Harry.

"I'm so sorry, Harry," Louis whispered, face pressed against Harry's bare chest.

Grinning, Harry ran his fingers through Louis' soft, light brown hair. "It's okay, Lou,"

"No it isn't," Louis contradicted. "I hate myself for what I did to you. I'm not embarrassed of you Harry, I'm not. People were just... People were just..."

"I know, Lou. It's okay, I promise." Harry assured in a whisper.

Louis peered up at Harry. His heart fluttered when he connected eyes with the amazing, beautiful boy that he missed so much. Without thinking, Louis leant up and pressed a sloppy kiss to Harry's pink lips. Slightly surprised, but delighted, Harry closed his eyes and lost himself in Louis' lips.

"I'm so sorry," Louis repeated when the moment ended.

"It's alright, Louis." Harry said again.

The two boys, passionately enthralled with one another in the moment found themselves crashing their lips against each other's yet again.