Chapter Eleven- Show Me

Louis was at the lowest of his low. It was New Years Day and he'd been avoiding Harry since his lash-out on Christmas morning. He ruins everything; like his attitude is a bottomless abyss of pain and hostility. 

"There's no way he still loves me," Louis grumbled on the phone to his Nan.

"Well, Lou," Nan began. "To be honest, I don't know if I would if I were that boy either."

"Cheers," Louis sighed.

"Now, listen to me. All that Harry is doing is trying to be kind to you. You're taking your own personal problems out on him. He's not trying to belittle you, he just wants you to smile, Louis! I know you've been through loads of rough times, but not all the world is bad, and Harry sounds like a prime example."

"I know, Nan. He's perfect and wonderful. I feel terrible,"

"Do you love him, Louis?" Nan interrogated from the other end. 

Louis fell silent. The second time Nan asked him, his reply was simply, "Love isn't real."

"Obviously it is, Louis. Or that boy wouldn't care so much for you. If love isn't real then why would he still be trying to contact you after you treat him like rubbish."

"You're being proper harsh," Louis scoffed. 

"This is what you need right now, Louis! Harry loves you. And if you love Harry, go and get him before it's too late."

"I don't know, Nan,"

"Go and get him before it's too late. I love you, Sweetheart. Goodbye,"

With a heavy sigh, Louis tossed his mobile phone onto his mattress. He ran his fingers through his hair and tugged at the ends. "What am I going to do?"

_

Louis found his leg shaking and he sat on the bed in the dorm. He was waiting for Harry to enter, so that he could tell him that he loved him. 

Yes, Louis loves Harry. It's been quite evident all along. All the kisses and stares and giggles and smiles. It was all real. It's love. Love is real. And it took our Louis just a bit longer than it should've to figure it out. 

Louis' heart thumped erratically when the door swung open and Harry entered. Louis shot up and regarded the boy, "Harry?"

Harry, slightly surprised by his acknowledgement, turned towards Louis, not saying anything. 

"I... There's something I want to tell you, Harry..."

Harry just remained as is, staring at Louis and waiting for him to continue. 

"I... I.. I love you, Harry... I love you."

"You don't believe in love, remember?" Harry snapped. 

This caught Louis off guard. He's never heard the flower-child sound harsh before. "I was stupid. A complete and total idiot, and I'm so sorry. You deserve someone so much better than me, and so much more than what I have to offer. But I love you."

Harry took a moment to absorb his information. "You know you put me through hell, right?"

Louis swallowed and dropped his gaze. 

"I was trying and trying to talk to you for the past week because I thought you hated me. I thought you hated me and wanted nothing to do with me, Louis. But do you want to know what bothers me most? I didn't do a bloody thing to you! All I've ever tried to do is be nice and make you happy. You apparently don't know how to handle people being kind to you. Of course I love you, Louis. But I'm not going to just let you think I'll forgive you right away after what you did. Don't tell me you love me; show me."

"H-How do I do that?" Louis questioned as he nervously tugged his lip ring with his teeth. 

"Figure it out," Harry spoke sternly before entering the toilet. 

Louis sighed then collapsed against the bed. If it wasn't obvious enough, Louis is not the best at expressing his emotions. But, he felt Harry was worth it. 

There, in that moment as he listened to the younger boy sing softly in the shower. He decided that Harry isn't only the most incredible human being to walk the planet; but he's worth Louis time. 

And that is exactly what Louis is going to give him.