Chapter 24

When I woke Charles' deep heavy sleeping breaths made the hair near my ear twitch and tickle the side of my face. One of his arms was draped over my waist and the other I was using as a surrogate for a pillow and cuddled in closely by my own arms. I suppose he felt my breathing return to normal from its slumberous heave, or perhaps I moved too much while I reveled how our bodies seemed to fit perfectly together, but he woke up with a big satisfying sigh. He nuzzled my hair then quickly jerked his head up in alarm.

"What time is it?" He looked around frantically.

"It's eight, you can relax you don't need to meet Lady Lavianna for our fittings for another hour." He sighed relieved and returned to our previous position.

"I don't know if I like to cuddle, but I certainly enjoy cuddling with you. Although, I have to admit that it may be because I like the feel of that perfect big butt you have nestled between my legs." He pushed his pelvis against my backside.

I gasped "You Wolf." He chuckled and made a howling noise.

"Shhh— you'll wake everyone."

"Let them know that I'm enjoying my wife's company." I giggled as he nestled my neck and turned me around to kiss him. He pushed himself up until he hovered above me. He was looking at me intensely like he did the last time we were here and he wanted to kiss me. My breath came out in a gasp as I stayed staring at his face transfixed. Suddenly I got the urge to shyly back away, but was too paralyzed by his gaze to move. It had been so long since I had been with my husband. Sure, we slept in the same bed every night and we enjoyed kisses every here and there, but we hadn't been together as one. Not since he had left.

He leaned down and kissed me softly. Then his kisses grew more and more intense. My hands intertwined in his hair as he grabbed my waist and held me against his body. His hands began to slip down my waist to my legs where the bottom of my nightgown was accessible. When his large hands caressed my naked thigh I gasped. He made a wicked smile and slowly made his way up my thigh to my waist. We were so absorbed in each other that when we heard a knock at the door we jumped and quickly separated to opposite sides of the bed. My heart was beating wild in my chest and I stole a glance at Charles to see his reaction. He had his hand over his face and the other over his heart. He started to chuckle then slowly began to laugh heartily. "Of course" he muttered.

I smiled too as the wave of panic receded. "You're telling me."

"Helen, are you guys up?" It was Milena and something in her voice said it was urgent.

"Yeah, what do you need?"

"Oh, I'm going absolutely mad. I'm so nervous, my palms are sweaty, my head hurts, I feel nauseous—"

"Should I let her in?" I whispered to Charles. His smile faded a little but nodded. I quickly fixed my gown and went to the door. She was in tears, her eyes and nose were puffy and red, her fingers were nervously playing with the ring on her finger.

"I'm so sorry, I'm just so nervous. Why did Grace and her conniving mother have to come with us? I have to hide it, or I'll be ruined. Mother and daddy will be ruined too. Mother has already taken it as a personal assault, she's still a little mad at me." She put a hand over her belly and began to rub it. "What if they find out?" Fresh tears spilled over her cheeks.

"Milena, you and Benedict are receiving a miracle from God. Sure, it's in less than perfect circumstances, but you both love each other and will be great parents. Believe me a child isn't a miracle that everyone has received." Milena stared at Charles unbelieving for a moment then looked down at her hands playing with her ring and nodded.

"What about Grace and Mrs. Stanton and the rest? Benedict's mother will definitely not be happy. I need to impress her, her opinion of me is already shot when he told her where he met me. The only reason she consented was my family. I'm not a sharecrop guys, I promise."

Never Say Goodbyeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें