4: Interesting?

I looked around and saw that he was with other more, but obviously much fewer than before. There were six of them, including Kai, the blonde boy, and Tao. I couldn't do anything but stand still at a corner as they beat up the large men with ease. After they were done, they exchanged bro-fists and high-fives while smiling triumphantly.

"So, can we walk you home now?" Kai asked, and I timidly nodded. While on the way, the other three whom I didn't know yet were the only noisy ones as they reenacted their victorious fight. Kai was silently walking beside me, smiling, probably because of the fight as well. Tao and the blonde boy were behind, talking with low voices.

"Kai, why don't you introduce us to your new friend?" The tall man wearing a cap said.

"Ah, yes, Maeji-sshi, this is Chanyeol-hyung," he pointed to the one that approached him, then to the other two behind. "Luhan-hyung and Baekhyun-hyung. And I believe you've met those two over there, Tao-hyung and Lay-hyung."

"Annyeonghaseyo," Lay bowed, while Tao just nodded.

"Annyeonghaseyo, nice meeting all of you." I bowed to all of them. "I'm sorry for being scared of you earlier."

"It's okay. Everyone is like that to us anyway." The white-haired one, Luhan, said with a smile. Baekhyun and Chanyeol suddenly moved to my left side to inspect my wound.

"Wah, that looks serious!"

"That queenka surely is violent. Lay-hyung, why don't you-" they simultaneously looked at him, but then received a kind of look that made them cut off the sentence.

"Yah, don't get too close to her. You're making her uncomfortable." Kai said as he pulled me nearer him. I was kind of thankful he did that because having two men, especially the handsome ones, really close to my face was really quite weird. The two scoffed at him.

"Yah, she just met you too, you know!"

"And since when did you become this protective?" Baekhyun tapped Kai's back in a threatening way, probably to remind him who's older. It probably worked as Kai fell silent.

"There's my house," I smiled and bowed. "Thank you for accompanying me. Please avoid getting into any more fights."

They fell silent as they became dumbfounded at what I said. After thinking of it, even I thought it was ridiculous. Seriously, how could I expect a gang (or something like it) not to fight? That's like asking a mouse not to eat cheese...

Someone suddenly snorted, and it was Tao. He was suppressing his laughter, but then quickly regained his composure as the others looked at him weirdly.

Bidding them one last awkward goodbye, I finally got inside the house, but immediately looked out the window. They were already gone.

* * * * * * * * * * *

The next day, I went to school an hour early again. I was the first person in room III-C. As I sat alone there, I thought about Lay. If it's okay for him, maybe I could ask him about some things to at least lessen my ignorance. Just then, he arrived but this time, he wasn't shocked to see me.

"Good morning," I greeted, and he responded with a hesitant smile. He took his own seat, which was only two seats away from mine. There was only awkward silence as he laid his head on the table to sleep. After a while, I finally gathered my guts and spoke up.

"Lay-sshi, may I ask you a few things?"

He lifted his head and stared for a few seconds, before finally answering. "Okay, go ahead."

He laid down his head again but I continued anyway. "The man that owns that seat... who is he?"

"Someone you shouldn't cross paths with."

"Why? Is he scarier than all of you?" This caused him to look up again.

"No."

I nodded and decided to ask something else. "You... the Hellion Brothers... why does everyone seem to be afraid of you? You're actually nice people, I think."

"Some of us weren't. And we never say no to any fights."

My ear caught the past tense. "Were? Does that mean you were mean in the past, but actually nice these days?" I waited for him to answer, but he didn't. Thinking that he wouldn't say anything no matter how long I wait, I just decided to drop off the subject. "Are there any other people I should avoid, like that queenka Nami?"

Lay suddenly sat up and looked at me seriously, "Actually, you shouldn't even be speaking to us."

"But you told me to change seats, Tao saved me from the queenka, and even saved me in the streets and walked me home."

"We just did what we had to. We're not those kind of bad guys."

"Exactly! That's why you are actually nice people." I smiled, and he looked at me weirdly, but then a smile slowly formed on his face as well.

"You're quite interesting." He said, and I suddenly felt embarrassed due to the compliment. Two men suddenly entered the room while making weird noises.

"Good morning, Lay-hyung~!" It was Kai, and he was with another person I didn't know.

"You came early today? Did the two of you eat something expired or something?"

"Ani, Chen-hyung said he wanted to meet Maeji-sshi, so we came early. After all, you said she comes earlier than you and we wanted to come before you arrive, but I guess we're still late." What's this? Were they talking about me behind my back? And last night, Kai knew that I already met Tao and Lay, and Chanyeol and Baekhyun knew it was the queenka that scratched me. Have they been talking about me? The idea made me quite uncomfortable.

"Annyeonghaseyo Maeji-sshi, I'm Chen. I was curious because I heard lots of things about you."

"Things?" I questioned, but Kai nudged him even before he could clarify. My question was left hanging in the air. Then as if to change the subject, Chen pretended to notice my cheek as well.

"Aigoo, it really is an insult to a pretty face. Lay-hyung-" He froze as Lay gave him the same stare he did last night. My eyes narrowed. Why do they keep mentioning him whenever they see this scratch?

Chen nervously laughed as he backed away, dragging Kai with him. Kai protested, "Why are we leaving? It's not time yet!"

"People will be coming soon and it's not good for them to see us together." Chen said, but it was obviously an excuse to escape Lay's scary stare. Maybe he was saying things he wasn't supposed to say.

"That's right, go back to your room and study." Lay shooed them off.

"Maeji-sshi, if you need us, we're just at III-D. Don't hesitate to call us when you're in trouble!" Kai said brightly.

"Ah, hyung!" Chen suddenly stopped at the door. "Why don't you bring her at lunch? It's been a while since we hung out with someone else." Then they left, leaving me dumbfounded. I looked at Lay, and by his mischievous smile, I saw that he agreed as well.

"Don't worry, it will be fun."

* * * * * * * * * *