49: Unexpected Encounter

"Hey Maeji? Where r u?"

Kai texted once again, making me speed up my pace. I tried to run up the stairs while trying not to drop the coffee and texting with my other hand.

"I'll pass by Tao's room for a second. You can go too if you want. :)"

I headed towards III-B and as expected, Tao was sitting silently in the middle of Chanyeol, Sehun, and Baekhyun making noise. Their bickering was cut off when they noticed me peeking through the window. In fact, the whole class became silent. With just one glare from Tao, though, the others immediately went back to minding their own businesses.

"Waah Maeji!!" Chanyeol greeted me with a big warm hug. He even shook me side by side like a little child. Baekhyun pried me away from him and pulled me into the room to make me sit on his chair. He noticed the coffee in my hand and snapped his fingers.

"Lemme guess. That's for me."

"You wish," Sehun rolled his eyes. "It's for Tao-hyung, of course."

Baekhyun made a sour face, while Chanyeol just laughed at them, being the happy kid he was. Biting my lip, I hesitantly handed the coffee to Tao. His brows furrowed.

"You went out of campus?"

"I saw the café from our window. Then I thought I wanted coffee." i shrugged, silently hoping that he wouldn't go nuts over it. I mean, if he gets mad here, the students might do an emergency evacuation.

"You know it's dangerous to go alone." Oh God. He's starting to sound dead serious. Think of something Maeji! Use your anima powers!

"So you don't want the coffee, then." I faked a disappointed face and tried to grab it away from him, but he scooted it away.

"No, I like it." A look of guilt flashed by his eyes. Yes! It worked! "It's my favorite, actually. But it's been a while since I last had it."

"If only you know who that's really from." The phrase floated in my head, but I didn't say it.

"That's great then. I made the right choice."

"You didn't get me any?" I whipped around at Kai's voice. He was leaning at the doorway, smiling mischievously. Sehun and Baekhyun immediately welcomed him with warm remarks.

"Ugh, you wish."

"She didn't even get us any. Only Tao has one!"

"Sheesh, calm down guys." Kai chuckled as he sat on the arm rest of the chair I was sitting in. "You're all just jealous because you don't have your own partners."

He exchanged looks with Tao, in which much to my surprise, Tao smiled. Wow. It's the first time I see them getting along so well. Sehun scoffed and childishly crossed his arms.

"Oh yeah? Well I have Luhan!"

"What?" Baekhyun's jaw dropped in disbelief. "I thought we were partners! We're roommates!"

"We can be partners!" Chanyeol opened his arms, but Baek pushed him back with a disgusted face.

"Eww hell no! BaekYeol will never happen!"

"Arasseo guys. I'll just see you later after classes. Tao," I pointed a finger at him, and it was quite funny how he attentively sat up straight. I smiled. "That coffee is all yours. Don't share!"

I walked out of the room, laughing at the boys' whining. kai caught up to me and poked my waist, making teasing noises. "So you're giving him gifts now, huh?"

I just laughed, though deep inside, there was this feeling of guilt since I knew the truth behind that coffee. I know Kris did that as a sign of his everlasting care for his brothers, but I think it's best to not let them know about that yet. I decided to change the topic.

"So what did you guys talk about?"

"Just stuff," he shrugged. That was suspicious. At this point, I know Kai well enough that if he say's "just stuff," it means there are a lot of things going on. He noticed my narrowed eyes and quickly raised his hands in defense. "What? It's nothing, really. You don't have to worry about it."

I just sighed and decided to drop the matter. I was right. I wasn't allowed to know about it.

"Oh! Our prof is here! Gotta run!" He suddenly dashed. "I'll see ya later Maeji!"

I smiled and waved my hand as I continued my way to my room. The other students lurking around were starting to get back in their rooms as well. Just as I passed the staircase, someone grabbed me by the shoulders and dragged me to the stairs, away from the public eye. The person had an arm over my mouth so I couldn't scream. When I got slammed against the wal to face my captor, my eyes widened as I saw his face. Or rather, her face. The queenka. Go Nami.

"First of all, Cha Maeji, I want to say how stupid you are to get involved with those Hellion Brothers."

She still had her trademark killer stare but strangely, it was quite different from our first encounter. She looked like she wasn't playing around. Dead serious.

"Secondly, I want you to  know how exceptionally stupid you are to stick around here even after knowing all those things about them." My brows furrowed. What's up with her? Why is she speaking like she knows the HB's so well? I found the courage to pry her hand away from my face so I can talk back.

"Nami, you don't know anything about what's really happening. So you don't have to bother sticking your nose into our business. I think we're doing pretty well together."

"Oh, so you have the nerve to talk back now, huh? Being with them must already have gotten into your head." She laughed. "And you're getting along pretty well, you say? Then why are they keeping secrets from you?"

My eyes widened. The meeting. How did she... "How did you know about that?"

"Let's say... I've been being forced to hear things I don't want to listen to." She flashed a manic smile, but her scary expression returned in a second as she clutched my collar to bring her face threateningly closer. "And what I've been hearing from your boys are driving me insane."

"W-what are you—"

"If you don't run away now, you won't like what's gonna happen to you next. You're as helpless as a little kitty. The moon is changing, Maeji. I don't expect you to trust me, but you better stop acting stupid and get your shit together."

With that, she walked back up the stairs and out of my sight, leaving me dumbstruck. I didn't understand what she meant, but I think I understand why she did that. She knew some things about the Hellion Brothers that she wasn't supposed to know. And one certain phrase kept on echoing in my head, which baffled me the most.

"The moon is changing, Maeji."

* * * * * * * * * * *

[A/N]: The girl in picture is Go Nami. She's After School's Nana, if I remember it right. I hope no fans of her got offended! Just remember, nobody in my story becomes a bad person without a reason. ;D

Spazz, comment and vote! <3