10: Avengers?

Low muttering voices woke me up. Slowly, I opened my eyes and saw the familiar ceiling of my room. Not realizing I was already awake, the two men continued talking.

"You can't just avoid her like that, Tao." It was Suho. "No matter what you do, it will still happen."

"I know," Tao sounded exasperated, as if currently he wasn't in the upper hand of the argument. It was almost funny how Suho sounded like a scolding mother. "It's just that I don't know how bad I would feel if something bad happens to her... and look at her, she's already like that because of me! I don't know why I keep on making these worthless mistakes!"

"I'm sorry..," Suho sighed. "All this might be difficult on you. We just want you to be happy, like how you were before. Nobody is forcing you to be like this." Deciding that it would be rude to eavesdrop any further, I pretended to have just woken up by groaning and shifting position. I sat up, rubbing my eyes.

"What happened?" They froze for a moment, probably wondering if I heard their conversation. Then Suho tapped Tao's shoulder as he sent him a meaningful stare. He left the room to leave us alone. I fiddled with the hem of the blanket, as the awkward feeling slowly grew inside the room. The last time this situation occurred, it didn't end well.

"You shouldn't have done that..." he mumbled, not looking at me.

"You were at the gate, you know. There were people afraid to go home late and be raped."

He scoffed, indicating that his spitefulness was back on again. "So you underestimated us. It wouldn't have even taken us more than five minutes to beat the hell out of them."

"I didn't want you to fight. I didn't want anyone to get hurt. " He was about to retort but I cut him off. "And I know that was a stupid idea. Are you happy now?"

He froze at my tone. He looked down and returned to mumbling. "Sorry."

I sighed and rubbed my temples. "So, did anybody get hurt? There was a man with a knife. Weren't you stabbed?"

He looked up again to stare at me in confusion. "You... You jumped in front of him and pushed him..."

"I did?" My brows furrowed as I tried to recall the scene. Then, as the memory finally overcame the massive synapse of my brain, I clutched my stomach with eyes wide. I was dumbfounded when I felt no pain. Momentarily forgetting Tao's presence, I boldly lifted my shirt to look at my stomach. There was no wound, or scar, or anything indicating that I was stabbed and was bleeding my guts out.

"Why don't I...," My brain tied into knots as I tried to think of possible explanations. "Don't tell me I was in a long coma?!"

Tao froze at my strange idea, then bit his lip as if to suppress a smile. "No... Lay-hyung, he... he uh..."

"I healed you." Lay suddenly appeared at the doorway. "I couldn't just let you bleed to death, right?" He glanced at Tao before entering the room. He sat at the chair beside my bed and checked my pulse.

"You seem fine already."

"What do you mean healed me? H-how?"

"I've been itiching to get rid of this for a while now." He slightly smiled and reached out for my scarred cheek. He gently laid the back of his hand and his brows furrowed as he concentrated. I felt a warm tingling feeling on my face, making me quite numb. After a few seconds, he removed his hand and I automatically brought my hand up to check what happened. I tried to find the soft bump across my cheek, but it was nowhere. I scrambled up to stand in front of a mirror and gawked like a fish. My scar was gone. Still speechless, I turned to Lay to say something, but my tongue seemed frozen in place. He chuckled at my expression.

"Are you afraid of him now?" Tao bluntly asked, but I didn't answer as I was not so sure myself. It was amazing and creepy at the same time.

"Are you like... Avengers... or something?" The two looked at each other, and Lay suddenly burst into laughter. At first, Tao tried to maintain a straight face, but eventually failed and just gave into the laughter. I stood there like an idiot, watching them in confusion. The rest of the boys rushed into the room to see what was happening. They all had his look saying, "What in the freaking world is going on?"

"H-Hyung? Tao?" Baekhyun cautiously stated. Seeing that the two were still busy, he glanced at me, and I shrugged.

"No, Maeji, we are not the Avengers." Lay choked in between laughs. "We are much more serious than that."

Chen suddenly gasped, "Maeji, your scar is gone!" He studied my face in awe, then his gaze shifted to Lay as he realized something. "Hyung... does she know already?"

"Yeah, and she thought we were the Avengers." Tao tried to bring back his poker face, but failed miserably.

"I said 'like' the Avengers. Not just 'the' Avengers." I puffed my cheeks due to both annoyance and embarrassment. Kai stepped forward, slightly chuckling as he was starting to realize the ridiculousness of my statement as well.

"This is what we've been trying to hide from you. You still don't fully realize it yet, but we have our own special abilities, and we're pretty dangerous."

"Oh yeah?" I crossed my arms and sat back down the bed. I was still quite annoyed at Lay and Tao, and heck, some of the boys were already chuckling as well.

"Then tell me the whole story. Prove to me I should be scared."

* * * * * * * * * *