50: Blood Moon, Gold Moon

With my chin on my arms as I laid flat on my stomach on the bed, I just stared at the Rubix Cube Luhan has been playing with for the past few minutes. Sehun was sprawled on the bed just beside him, all the while fiddling with the hem of Luhan's shirt. The whole house was silent since everyone was away for practice. These two had to stay at home to keep the dome active. Tao tried to force me again to come with them, but no! It's weekdays and I had to finish some homeworks. As soon as I finished all of them, though, I had nothing else to do than to join them in Luhan's room.

"How do you do that so fast?" I mumbled against the bed sheets. Luhan smiled.

"I've gotten used to it. I'm sure you can learn it too."

"I can't learn it," Sehun frowned. Luhan softly laughed and lightly tapped Sehun's forehead with the cube.

"Because your head is always flying around. You have to be focused when learning this." Sehun grumbled, and I just chuckled at them. There was silence once again, and only the clicking of the cube could be heard. I felt my eyes starting to droop because of the boredom.

"I have a question."

"Mhm?" I looked up at Luhan's face to see what his reaction would be.

"How do you always win your practices? Are you naturally that powerful?" He seemed surprised, and before he could even deny, Sehun spoke grumpily.

"He's not naturally powerful. Everyone has their own ups and downs." Lol funny Sehun. Always bashing other people's prides.

"Our abilities are actually divided in three categories. Based on when they can have advantages and disadvantages." Luhan smiled shyly. "There's the Nature Abilities. Namely Fire, Lightning, Water, Frost, Earth, and Wind."

"How powerful we can be depends on what nature provides us. Like if you drop Suho-hyung in the Pacific Ocean, he becomes instant-Poseidon. But if nature is kind of PMS-ing, like remember when Xiumin-hyung couldn't use his ability because there's no ice?"

I nodded. That was on the night I watched their training.

"Just like that. So while other people hate thunderstorms, Chen-hyung and I are celebrating and bathing in awesomeness."

"Second are the Tweak Abilities." Luhan cut off before Sehun's ego-boosting goes over the top. "These include Teleporting, Light, Healing, and mine, Telekinesis. We're able to tweak some things, or produce things out of nowhere. Like when Lay heals wounds, or when I use invisible force to control objects. The upside is that we don't have disadvantages. The downside is that we only have limited usage. I can't control many things at the same time. Kai can't teleport things heavier than him. And Lay gets mentally exhausted after healing one major wound."

"The third category is weird, though." Sehun's head tilted to the side. "Nobody really understands the explanation behind it except for the Elders. It has something to do with how the first generation gained abilities and stuff. "

I leaned closer, eager to hear more. "What is it?"

"The Moon Abilities." Luhan's face stiffened. I slowly opened my mouth, choosing my words carefully.

"Under that category... are Time Control and Flight, right?" Though obviously uncomfortable with the topic, they managed a nod. Sehun continued.

"That's kind of a disadvantage to them because there is no exact date when the Blood Moon and the Gold Moon happens, but once it does happen, their strength kinda doubles."

I felt the air turn thicker as a realization slowly occurred to me. Moon? Didn't Luhan also say something about a moon back then when we were at the rooftop?

"He's waiting for his next big chance, during the Gold Moon, when he will have the most advantage."

And Nami's words echoed in my head, as if to agree with what was forming in my head.

"The moon is changing, Maeji."

Could it be...

"I think I have to go sleep now." I blinked rapidly, trying to get rid of the black splotches appearing in my vision. This is just too much. It's all making me dizzy.

"Maeji, are you ok?"

"Just sleepy, I guess. It's already quite late, anyway." I forced a laugh and miraculously managed to reach the door without stumbling. I could feel them exchange worried looks.

"Do you want us to stay with you until you sleep?"

"No, not really. Just wake me up if you feel something weird or if the boys need me. Goodnight."

I went out and shut the door, and immediately stumbled my way towards our room. I understand Nami now. So that's why they have been practicing a lot more frequently than usual. And why they have meetings I'm not allowed to go to.

The Gold Moon is coming. Everyone will have to face Kris once again, when his strength is doubled than usual. But that's not what makes my head spin. It's the big question I couldn't answer right now.

Why is Tao keeping it a secret from me?

* * * * * * * * * * *

[A/N]: OMO I can't believe we reached 50 chapters. o____o

I mean, what the hell was I doing. The story is progressing like a turtle. Anyway, I hope you guys can feel what I'm feeling.

Things are nearing the end. So why do you guys think Tao is keeping it a secret from her? Stay tuned to know why! :D