52: Goodbye

"Finally! Ice cream!" I squealed as I ran down the stairs. Lay just sighed as he tried to catch up. I zoomed through the first floor and out towards the gate, but came to a screeching halt as I realized none of the boys were there. Not even Tao.

"Oh my God, your Chanyeol mode really is not good," Lay was gasping for breath as he stopped behind me. I turned around to give him a confused look.

"I thought Tao would..."

"He... Tao," he wiped the sweat trickling down his forehead. "Wants to meet up first in the garden."

"What? Why?" Lay wasn't able to answer since he was still busy catching his breath. It was the first time I see him crouched like this, totally not looking cool, but that wasn't my greatest concern at the moment. I glanced back at the gate. The path towards ice cream. In the end, I could only whine as I stomped towards the garden. I swiftly climbed up the pile of junk, then jumped my way down the wall. Yeap, I can jump down high walls already. I think that's my greatest improvement ever since I started hanging out with the Hellion Brothers. Anyway, as soon as I landed on the grass, my brows furrowed as the atmosphere was strangely quiet. I looked around, and the boys were scattered around the garden. They were all tense and had this worried looks on their faces. Their eyes immediately set on me as soon  as I noticed I was here. I glanced at Lay with a questioning look, but he remained silent. By the look on his eyes, he seemed to know whatever was happening around here. I carefully approached Tao who was leaning on the wall of the storage house.

"What's wrong?" He just stared at me for a few seconds with these worried eyes. I almost felt like he was going to cry any minute. He stood upright and gently grabbed my hand, looking deep into my eyes.

"I'm sorry if we didn't tell you about this earlier, Maeji. We just wanted to make sure you'll be safe." I frantically looked around, starting to get scared. Even Chanyeol, the happy virus, seemed so anxious and worried.

"What do you mean, Tao? I don't...." I drifted off as realization slowly formed in my head.

"The moon is changing, Maeji."

Hands starting to shake, I slowly looked up. Amidst the beautiful orange sky, hung still a perfectly full moon. It was more yellow than I have ever seen. The Gold Moon.

"Don't tell me... tonight..." I looked back at Tao, heart starting to pound loudly in my chest. He bit his lip as he tried to hold back his tears.

"I'm so sorry, Maeji." He whispered as he cupped my cheeks. He rested his forehead against mine as he took deep breaths. Carefully, as if I would shatter in his arms if he makes a wrong move, he leaned closer to land a soft kiss on my lips. It wasn't that long, but not that short. Just long enough to pass that unspoken message, one that could make my heart flutter, and only the two of us would understand. He pulled away, and I saw a tear slide down his cheek. I felt a great pinch in my heart as I realized what that was for. It was a goodbye kiss.

He stepped back, and on cue, Kai held my shoulder. I never took my eyes off Tao, pleading with my glassy eyes.

"I need to come with you! You said you'll never let me out of your sight, right? What happened to that rule?!!"

This is just too much to handle. This is not right. After all the things I've gone through, does he still think I wouldn't be able to help him? I know what I can do!

"I'm afraid I have to break that rule tonight, Maeji." He looked down to avoid my gaze, but in a split second, I was able to see the flash of pain in his eyes. A blur of black filled my vision, and the orange atmosphere got replaced by darkness, and an earthly scent.

"Why are you treating me like this? Where are we?" I faced Kai's silhouette and I took out my phone to have some light. He had the same sorry expression as well.

"Don't get mad at Tao, ok? Him and I made this decision together. I know that you know we just want to protect you." Kai stroked my hair and kissed my forehead. "Wish us luck." Then he disappeared before I could even say anything.

"I don't have to be protected! You don't understand!" I screamed in frustration, but there was no answer aside from my own echo bouncing against the walls. Wherever this may be, I think I'm in some sort of enclosed area. I felt my tears slide down my cheeks, but I quickly wiped them away.

This is not the right time to be weak. I have to get out of here as soon as possible to get to the Hellion Brothers. I have to get to them before anybody gets hurt. I know I cannot be so sure that everything Kris said to me were true, but I know that he wouldn't want to hurt Tao, and the others. I have no proof, but I can feel it. He's willing to endure the hate everyone feels towards him, but that wouldn't solve the problem. I have to be there.

Taking in a deep breath, I stepped closer to the wall and started walking. I realized that the path was extremely long, as if some sort of underground tunnel.

Wait.

There's only one underground tunnel I know of.

Eyes widening, I felt this rush of adrenaline shoot through my veins. My heart started pounding in my chest again, but this time, not because of anxiousness, but because of hope. I started running. I think I know my way out of here.

* * * * * * * * *

[A/N]: We all know what's coming next, people. So the last chance to guess in the game is now.

Who do you think is the traitor among the Hellion Brothers?

I'll be waiting for your answers. Stay tuned! ;)