40: Near Death

"We're gonna go shopping," Chanyeol sang in a girly tone as he swayed around with a shopping bag on his arm. D.O just stared at him with a poker face as he checked the grocery list once again.

"Wait, I'm going with you!" I rushed towards the two, but Tao immediately grabbed my arm.

"You're not going anywhere."

"You expect me to stay here when most of you will go training and Suho and Xiumin will do paper works and Chanyeol and D.O are going shopping and I won't have any company here for the whole afternoon??"

"No, I expect you to come with me." He had a glint of smugness in his eyes, making my nerve twitch.

"Uh, no thanks. I might end up scaring you again." I gave a sarcastic smile. His brows furrowed for a second, but then a smirk crawled up his lips as he remembered the part where he panicked and ended up sitting on me. I quickly cleared my throat and stepped away from him and towards the door.

"Maeji—"

"No." I cautiously backed away as he gave me a mischievous smile. Ok Tao that is creepy. "Good luck on your training. Fighting!"

I grabbed Chanyeol and D.O's arms and broke into a run. "Maeji! Yah!" I heard him sigh loudly and turn back into the house. "Because she didn't agree to come with us, Luhan Sehun and Chen are required to stay!"

"What?!! Whyyyy??"

As we walked farther, their voices slowly drifted away. They were whining again. I couldn't help but chuckle evilly, making the two look at me in confusion.

"How can you talk back to Tao like that?" Chanyeol asked in awe.

"She's his anima. Of course she'll have him wrapped around her finger." D.O answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. That made me blush. Well, it's not like that...

"Aren't you afraid to separate from him? Among all of us, you're the one whose life is in most danger. So shouldn't you be, you know... afraid to come out of the house?"

His statement made me laugh. Not a your-statement-was-stupid laugh, but a I'm-glad-you're-concerned laugh. I think they expected me to be the damsel in distress type of girl since I used to study in an all girls' school and my physique wasn't the athletic type as well. But I had enough knowledge and common sense to know that being that kind of girl wouldn't do me any good.

"Suho-appa has said it himself. Kris isn't like any rogue ability-wielder. I'm sure he won't carelessly kill me in public."

"But he can abduct you and fly to a faraway place. Then he'll kill you."

"But would the two of you let that happen?"

They glanced at each other and slowly shook their heads.

"Then I have nothing to worry about!" I beamed as I skipped towards the grocery store. I marveled the displays like a little kid in Disneyland. Soon enough, they caught up to me and D.O started grabbing things here and there.

"You seem to be taking the situation too well." Chanyeol ruffled my hair, making me squeal. D.O was gone at the moment, probably looking around the other aisles already. Chanyeol anyway, who was the one pushing the shopping cart, took his time walking around as we chatted.

"I just think there's no point in getting all worked up. One worrywart in the group is already enough. If we always look at the dark side of things, then we'll miss a lot of fun memories."

"I guess you have a point." He shrugged and helped D.O reach something from the top shelf. "But we can't blame Tao for being like that. He used to be just like Chen, you know. Fangirling and all."