Chapter 2 - The Interview

"Just as there are two sides to every story, there are two sides to every person. One that we reveal to the world and another we keep hidden inside." ~ Emily Thorne

Victoria's POV

I've always wanted to live in a mansion.

However life had other plans for me.

I looked at the grey mansion in front of me once again, taking a few deep breaths before focusing on my mission.

This is it Victoria.

Slowly, I put my foot forward, walking towards the gate tentatively, seeming as innocent as possible.

Everything was ready.

A few guards came into view by the door, bringing me to a halt when I arrived them.

"Hi, my name is Freya Parker, I'm here for the tutoring interview for Mia K-

"It's Ms. King to you Ms. Parker" the guard interrupted me, looking down at a short candidate list in his hands. I nodded at his statement, zipping my mouth shut from blurting the colourful words from slipping from my mouth. "Identification?" he shortly asked me, causing me to instantly reach for my bag to pull the requested documentation to be thoroughly examined.

The short guard picked up my documentation, passing it on to another bald man next to him to check.

Once the procedure was done, the documentation was passed back to me.

"Guard, escort her to the office." The short man commanded, sending me off with Mr Bald inside the large gates of the kingdom of the Kings.

The journey inside the gates had managed to take my breath away as my eyes roamed through the large trees, the perfectly sculpted fountains and the flawlessly mowed grass.

The expedition was short lived as we soon arrived out destination. The bald man didn't utter a word as he guided me into the small cottage next to the grand mansion where the interviews were taking place. Several other candidate were already present in the room, sitting silently for their turn, some holding a magazine out of the many laid out on the table about golf and other sporting activities.

Without any explanation, the man left, leaving me to take my place next to one of the many candidates.

Now you must be thinking: what is this woman up to?

Well, revenge had to begin somewhere.

So let me ask you this: What's the first thing a person does when they want to take sweet revenge on someone?

They integrate into the team. What better way to take revenge than manipulating and destroying?  The royals were about to be wiped off the face of the earth.

So what makes people think that I can get this job if there are so many applicants?

Well, the answer is simple.

Compulsion.

I kept my internal smirk to myself as I watched people go in and out of the room, some with smirks, others with a look of terror.

It wasn't long before my name had been called, and my legs had sprung off the chair, ready to walk into the interviewing room.

As soon as the door had shut behind me, I found myself walking straight in front of the interviewer, who clearly was human, until her expression crunched up in confusion.

"Excuse me, but what do you think-"

"Listen to me very carefully" I began, my eyes boring straight into the petite lady's, successfully gaining her attention.

"You will offer me this job right now, inform the Royal family of it and dismiss the other candidates immediately" I spoke really low and carefully, making sure my tone had reached her brain in order for her to carry out my command.

And work it did. She nodded, and wordlessly walked over to the telephone ringing the number of what I assumed were the Royals to inform them of the news.

"Mr. King, the candidate for the job has been chosen, her name is Freya Parker, I shall send you the details immediately" after the short conversation, she hung up, walking back towards me.

"Congratulations Ms. Parker, you have received the job" she said, almost robotically.

I smiled, following her as she led me out of the room.

"Candidates, I'm afraid the selection of applicants has been terminated, we have found our match. You are all dismissed immediately. The Guards will guard you all outside" A chorus of wails and groans followed the petite human's voice as she walked back inside her office and shut the door off.

Glancing shortly at the line of applicants glaring at me, I made my way outside the cabin where the bald man was already waiting for me, leading me towards the same short guard I had seen before.

"Ms. Parker, congratulations on the job. Let's get down to business shall we." He began shortly after leading me into one of the cabins near the gate. Seating me down on a small round table, he continued "My name is Bob, and I am the head of security at the Royals palace. Since you are now part of this community we are handing you the keys to the back gate, which you will be required to come through every day at exactly the time required by Mr and Mrs. King. Scheduling and other details are in this contract which you are to read over, sign and bring back on the first day of work. As I mentioned before, you are to come through the back gate, to which I have given you the key, there you will have to go through the security check and eventually you will be taken where you will be tutoring Ms King. As a member of the staff of the palace you will be required to clog in and out of your shifts and every time you enter of leave the palace, no exceptions. Further details of your job description and specification have been listed in the contracted handed to you." He paused, handing me everything and waiting a brief moment in case I had any questions, one I shook my head, he curtly nodded "Very well, if that's all, Ted here will escort you outside. Have a nice day Ms. Parker and welcome to the Royal Palace"

And just like that, I was ready.

Ready for revenge.

*****

"You did it!" She yelled, throwing herself at me.

"Calm down Sonia, it was meant to work, she was human" I responded, parting from our hug.

"Still, I can't believe it's finally happening, we're finally getting revenge for our parents" I nodded sitting down with her on the couch, reviewing the minor details of our plans.

Sonia and I had one father but our mothers were not the same. Unfortunately, my mother had died shortly after giving birth to me, and after a year of struggling, my father had found himself a replacement for my mother.

I was furious. Beyond furious, but the day Sonia was born everything changed. Looking at my little step sister in the hands of my step mother made me realise that this wasn't Cinderella and my step-mother had been nothing but nice to me since the very day I saw her. It was that day I had decided that I would love and cherish every member of my family, despite them not being directly related to me.

But all to soon it was all taken away from me.

But not this time, we would take revenge for what happened and bring justice back for my town, and my people.

My eyes met Sonia's once we finished our discussion in hope, her eyes glowing with the same mirror image.

"Let's do this"

A/N

What will happen next in this story of revenge? Any guesses? Chpater thoughts?? Comment below and let me know what you think! How was everybody's New Years? 

Picture of Sonia to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

-Neha