Chapter 15 - The First Move

"I'm a fighter. I believe in the eye-for-an-eye business. I'm no cheek turner. I got no respect for a man who won't hit back. You kill my dog, you better hide your cat." ~Muhammad Ali

Victoria's POV

How awkward would it feel if you just killed the fiancée of your mate and you walked back into their home as if nothing ever happened to plot a plan against his entire family?

Pretty awkward right?

Well I didn't.

If anything, it felt great.

One member of the Royals had been successfully taken down and it wasn't long before all of them would be down too.

Then again, I didn't really acknowledge the fact that Christian was my mate, especially since he thought I was a human, making the job so much easier for me. 

So with that advantage in mind I walked through the gates of the Palace once again towards my destination.

The Palace seemed in order, clearly they hadn't found out about Kate yet, and they most probably never would since we cremated her.

I smirked in mu head, completely satisfied at the thought.

One bitch gone.

I continued my journey towards Mia's room and was rather surprised when I walked into a room where Mia was not making out with Fiona on her bed.

"Hey" I greeted, walking inside.

"Hey, how are you feeling Frey? You didn't look so good yesterday?" she questioned, rising off the bed instantly to walk towards me. My confusion was long lived as I soon realised I had told Sonia to excuse herself as sick in order to kill Kate.

"Oh, I'm much better thanks Mia. I'm so sorry I've been skipping days and all-"

"Nonsense!" She exclaimed whilst cutting me off "Your health comes first" she kindly said, embracing me into a short hug which I returned politely.

"Where's Fiona?" I asked as we parted, walking towards our original spot.

"Well I wanted to give my parents a little time to process everything since this is all so new to them so I took a day off from my girlfriend." She commented walking towards the table.

I nodded, signaling her to take a seat in front of me, but was surprised when she shook her head. She smiled and walked towards her balcony, sliding the door open before stepping outside.

"Mia, what are you doing?" I questioned, following her outside.

"Today we will have class out here in the open" she said happily, taking all her stuff outside.

I chuckled but nodded anyways, taking all my stuff outside too.

"So why the sudden urge to study out here?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Well, it's a beautiful day" she began, but by the look on her face I knew there was something else, so I just sat silent and waited for her response with a look on my face that motivated her to carry on "And I just found out that Christian isn't going to marry Kate!" she exclaimed, jumping up with joy. Her words struck me hard as for the next minute I sat still, my mind wondering over the million possible reasons as to why.

Oh boy, he better not plan on getting to me or he will screw up my entire mission. I thought silently to myself before staring back at Mia with a confused expression.

"What? Why's that? Why are you happy about that?" I asked her, freaking out completely on the inside.

"Oh come on Freya, we all knew that Kate was a bitch, but I was just forced to like her because she was meant to be the Lu- I mean, the wife of my brother, but I actually hated her. She was a total bitch, especially to you, don't think I didn't notice all those time she talked rudely to you or behind your back" I guess I'm not the only one.