Chapter 4 - Mate?

"No trait is more justified than revenge in the right time and place." ~ Meir Kahane

Victoria's POV

"Alright so, what importance does the Duke's disguise have throughout the play?" I questioned Mia, folding my copy of Shakespeare's Measure for Measure neatly and placing it on the table, looking back at her expectantly.

"Well, it contributes to the theme of mercy vs justice  throughout the play"

"How so?"

"Well, the fact that the Duke, the main figure of authority, temporarily abandonees his position and sides with mercy after getting to know the situation within his people portrays his weakness." I nodded, satisfied with her answers. This girl knew it all, why did she even need a tutor in the first place.

"I agree with you." I paused, "you a fan of Shakespeare?" I then asked, drifting away from the subject slightly.

"Yeah, I absolutely love him" I smiled, so did I.

"Even his tragedies?" She smiled at my question, looking down at the book in her hands.

"Yeah, even the tragedies. I feel like the fact that they're tragedies makes them more exuberant" she replied, taking me completely by surprise.

"That's the first time someone's said that to me" I chuckled along with her "but to be honest, I agree with you. It's refreshing to know I'm not the only who feels that way" I finished, gathering the books. She smiled happily as I did so.

"What are we covering when you get back?" she asked me when I picked up my bag, ready for my lunch break.

Apparently my schedule was the weirdest thing ever. Since I was to tutor Mia around pretty much every subject I took, I was to work from 10:00 to 13:00 and then from 15:00 to 18:00 everyday, of course with the exception of any given or chosen holidays.

"Maybe ICT and history and we have time then some geography" I replied, pulling my coat on.

"What about photography?"

"That tomorrow" I shortly finished, exiting the young girl's room.

My journey towards the back exit was cut short when I found myself blindly bumping into someone in front of me, a girly squeal following the impact.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry" I apologized taking a look at the person I had walked into.

A female with light brown hair that matched her eyes appeared in my line of vision. Wearing a white pencil dress that accentuated every curve on her body along with 7 inch pencil heels on her feet, she towered my figure slightly, her hands by her hips and a look of irritation on her face as she looked upon me. With that simple gesture, I knew exactly who she was.

"You must be Kate Summer's, I'm-"

"Look, I'm sorry but I don't have time for this" she interrupted, making her way past me, leaving me completely astonished with her attitude "Oh and next time, watch where you're going" she yelled out from halfway down the corridor.

I turn my head around in complete disgust at the attitude of the woman, ready to make my way downstairs, but in the next minute I felt a certain uneasiness fire within me, followed by a voice.

"I'm sorry about her, she tends to do that a lot when she's in a hurry" the mere voice had me turning around with an energizing excitement.

My eyes came face to face with a pair of electric blue eyes captivating me instantly. In less than a second the blue eyes of Christian King widened and a low growl was released from his mouth as he uttered the words 'mate' slowly to himself.

My insides remained in shock as I heard the words coming out of his mouth.

Mate? What the fuck? There's no way he's talking about me is he?

I cut off the rest of my questions from my brain, knowing the severe damage the very thought could do and instead, pretend not to have heard a thing.

"That's alright. I better go" and with that, I made a sprint down the stairs of the palace, signing out as quickly as I could before running out the gates deep into the woods nearby.

My surroundings suddenly had me feeling claustrophobic, causing me to enter a small clearing where I shifted into my snake and slithered out of the area, rushing my way towards the café nearby.

Once I had successfully made it into an empty bathroom stall, I shifted back into my human form, placing a hand on my thumping heart to calm it down.

That was close.

Rule number 2: Avoid Mia's brother at all costs and complete revenge without hesitation.

Mates of different species were never heard of, especially between snakes and wolves, which is why it surprised me the most.

Then again; perhaps I had a completely diverse outlook on the situation from what it actually was. Perhaps Christian was referring to Kate as she was after all his wooed companion.

I left the bathroom stall shortly, making my way into the café where I ordered myself a cuppa and sat myself down on one of the empty tables. Pulling out my laptop, I decided it was time to begin some further planning into my revenge. So with that, I fished out my phone ringing Sonia up.

"Did you set up the surveillance?" she instantly began. I chuckled at her enthusiasm.

"Mia's room, check, now all I got is the rest of the palace. How am I supposed to do that Son? The entire palace is filled with cameras, I can't even shift anywhere thanks to all that security lying around. This is harder than I thought" I responded, looking at the blueprints of the palace on my computer screen. There was a pause on the phone as I heard my sister sigh out loud.

"Alright, I need you to sneak into the palace at night then, in your snake form of course, and install something on the main tower of information tonight, that way I will be able to manipulate the security camera footage" she replied, dragging me deep into thought. It's risky, but worth it.

"Fine" I firmly responded, the unusual feeling returning, striking me once again.

My heart started racing, and I knew I needed to get out of there instantly.

"Son, I'll talk to you later" I said, hanging up before gathering my things and pushing my way back into the bathroom stalls where I shifted into my snake and sped my way out before anyone would notice.

I could tell he was there.

But the question was, was it just a coincidence or had he followed me here.

Probably just a coincidence, my scent is masked anyways. I commented in my head as I decided to slither my way back to the palace.

You won't be seeing me again anytime soon Christian King.

A/N

Is Christian her mate? Thoughts on Kate and Christian? Anyone here a fan of the great Shakespeare? Chapter thoughts? Future predictions? Let me know what you think!

Picture of Christian to the side--->

VOTE

COMMENT

-Neha