Chapter 16 - Decisions, decisions...

"Perish the universe, provided I have my revenge!" ~Savinien Cyrano de Bergerac

Christian's POV

Kate has gone missing.

My mother's words hung at the top of my mind as I stared at the pale white wall ahead of me.

Tell me this: how exactly does someone just randomly go missing one day after being part of the family of strongest werewolves in history?

Kate was a werewolf capable of escaping a kidnapping by any rogue or human in the world, then how is it she wasn't here right now? Perhaps she had decided to leave on her own, but then why was it I felt no presence of her in my pack link? Where was she?

She had always been a mystery to me, since the very first day I had seen her in my old pack house back when my parents had just taken over the title of the Royals and had succeeded on their mission earn gold. We were just five years old when I had first laid my eyes on her. She had been wearing a bright pink dress with a princess tiara on her head and had plastered a wide smile on her face. She was the most beautiful girl I had seen at that age, and it was right there I had decided that I wanted to marry her, of course, that was until I laid my eyes on Freya.

That's when you think to yourself: What kind of stupid idiot wants to be in a relationship with someone as fucked up, bitchy and slutty as Kate?

Well, the answer was not that simple.

Kate had always been a good person, but perhaps it was because of me that she became the way she is.

We were thirteen years old when I had decided to make my move, and I succeeded. I had made Kate mine, but I failed to keep her happy. I had been a jerk to her all throughout our relationship, I treated her like a joke, so when we were sixteen, she broke up with me and distanced herself from me completely after moving to university. It was when we were back that things changed, and our love story escalated again, that was until I met my mate.

Looking back, I felt my wolf growl on the inside for not being patient and waiting for my mate all along, and after years and years of convincing myself against it, I agreed with my wolf, I regretted everything I had ever done with Kate or anyone else, because I was supposed to be there for my mate and my mate only, no one else.

I wasn't sure whether Kate was pure or not, but it was most definitely not my place to judge, especially given my history with women.

The thoughts of Kate suddenly brought me back to my original problem: the disappearance.

Where could Kate have gone? Or was she kidnapped? Either way, I intended to find out where she was, because if this was the doing of rogues, then it wasn't long before they find my mate and attempt the same thing.

I growled at the thought but vowed to myself to cherish and protect her for the rest of her life. My thoughts rushed back to yesterday and they way she pulled away when I tried to kiss her. I could see the temptation in her eyes and I knew that she had every intention of kissing me, then why change her mind last minute. Why hide the feelings I knew she had for me? Either way, sooner or later she would be completely mine, because we were destined for each other, and that's the way it was going to go.

There were yet so many things I wanted to know about her: her past, her family, her friends, but I had the answers to none. Perhaps I should take her out on a date. I thought to myself as I paced my room.

My wolf went crazy inside of me at the mere thought of her, my dominant side begging me to leave my room and go look for her.

Don't get me wrong, I had every intention of going back to her and make her mine, I just had to wait for the right time, and by that I meant the time when my sister would mind-link me to make my move.