Chapter 7 - Disrespect

"An eye for an eye is never enough. Never, never, never." ~Adrian Phoenix

Victoria's POV

"Son, I told you, she's wearing a real engagement ring, she's marrying him" said yet again through the phone as I walked closer towards the castle.

"And I believe you Vic, but we need to be 100% certain, because if it's true, she could be the first one we wipe out. It'll be perfect!" of course, my primary instinct was definitely agreeing with Sonia, but I knew that the longer Kate Summers stayed in Christian's life, the easier it would be for me to stay away from him. I had yet to tell Son about my little moments with Christian King, a man who was supposedly my mate, not that I had any intentions to develop the situation in the first place.

I released a deep sigh, thinking of a way to temporarily save Kate Summers from the harsh reality of her death.

"Look, how about we focus on James first, he seems like an easier target, especially given the fact that he's a major flirt." I convinced, this time earning a sigh from her.

"Alright, you know what, get back in there and explore more, we'll deal with this later. Remember the buttons on the watch I gave you, it'll be easier for you to contact me." I quickly agreed before hanging up, arriving my destination successfully.

After rapidly passing through security check and signing in, I went towards Mia's room, knocking before proceeding to enter her room.

"Hey, you're in early today" she greeted, putting the book she was reading back on the table. I frowned, glancing at my watch quickly before my eyes met hers once more.

"Seems I am, we don't have to start now then. I guess you can get back to your book, I'll just prepare the lesson" commented, walking towards our usual spot of study.

"No that's alright, I'm pretty keen on finishing Shakespeare soon, I would like to move on to Andrew Marvell" she denied, getting off her bed to join me at our spot. I nodded, pulling out the equipment I needed.

"Alright, so where did we leave it last time?" I questioned, taking a quick peek around her room to see if any security cameras were around. When I found none, I felt satisfied, quickly putting my focus back on her work.

"Well we were discussing the theme or mercy vs justice."

"That's right, and how the Duke man-"

"Mia!" a loud, high pitched voice interrupted me, the door smashing open. Kate Summers walked in, no, more like danced in with extreme enthusiasm, her eyes not even bothering to acknowledge me.

"Kate, hey" she gently said.

"Get up kiddo, we're going shopping!" She exclaimed, clapping her hands in a weird manner. Shortly after her declaration, Christian walked in behind her, his hand falling on her back, his eyes on me as always.

I quickly found myself looking away from him, feeling uncomfortable.

"Oh, I can't, I have tutoring-"

"Not today you don't, come on Mia, go with Kate" Christian butted in, no one even daring to say a word to me.

"Well, what time will we be back? What about Freya?" the poor girl asked.

"Oh hun, Freya can come back tomorrow, it's not every day the Royals get married! Come on, stop wasting your time Mia, let's go!" Kate said once again, causing Mia's eyes to extend.

"So he finally proposed ha?"

"Yes!"she flaunted, flashing her ring to Mia, the same one I had come across last night. Mia managed to get up and walk towards the woman, checking the ring out.