Chapter 22 - Confrontation

"There's an old saying about those who cannot remember the past being condemned to repeat it. But those of us who refuse to forget the past are condemned to relive it." ~ Emily Thorne.

Christian's POV

Dead.

Two more dead.

First Kate, then her parents and now the Hollands. Not to mention, James was still missing.

We were considered the Royals, then how is it that we were all slowly dying off. Where was our power? Maybe we didn't have any power to begin with. No one else was left, most of the Royal family had been wiped off of the face of the earth, and now we were the only remaining family of the Royals.

This was all I had left, my parents and my little sister.

The most painful thing wasn't knowing that my mate had been behind every murder in the family, it had been that I had yet to find out if what my mate was saying was true.

What was the truth? What did this mean? What was I to do?

Helpless.

I had finally fallen down to the one word I had never thought I would ever feel in my life.

I couldn't kill my mate, but I couldn't exactly go around killing my parents either. I couldn't kill the very reason of my existence.

"Christian" A voice called, shaking me from my thoughts.

Turning around, I spotted Mia leaning against the doorframe of my office, watching me with worry.

"Hey, what's going on?" she simply folded her arms, walking up to the chair in front of my table before taking a seat.

"Was this her?" she simply asked, looking right into my eyes.

"I don't know Mia, but I think so, I mean, no one else has reason to kill them" I commented, placing my elbows on my table and burying my head into my hands. "I don't know what to do anymore Mia" I whispered, speaking nothing but the truth.

I soon felt my hands being pulled out of my face by my sister who simply smiled at me gently.

"I don't know if what Fre-I mean, Victoria was saying was true, but for now, go talk to her, ask her if she did this, because if our parents are innocent, then I want her head on a stick Christian, and if not, if she's right, then our parents don't deserve the life they have, none of us do." She stated, enveloping my hands in hers.

For a minute I didn't speak, because there was nothing I could say.

"Christian" she then called out once again, gaining my attention "Either way it's going to be her or them, so you might as well just side with what's right"

"Why does it have to be any Mia? Why couldn't we have all just been normal human beings? Why couldn't I have met Victoria in a pub like normal people? I would have taken her out on dates, and if her parents would have denied her wish to marry me then we would have fought through that and convinced them or we would have run away, but this, deaths, revenge, murder, this is not what I wanted Mia. I just want to live a normal life with her, I want them both." I whispered, feeling my heart sink at the reality of it all, either way someone would die, it would either be my mate, or my parents.

"Christian, this is not  a life we chose for ourselves, we just got it, and we live with it, so for now you need to go to her and ask her who did this. We need to know. After that we'll find out if what she was saying is true and we'll deal with it, but for now go and find out about the Hollands, we still don't know where James is, if he's even alive" she urged, looking right through me.