Chapter 5 - Security

"Revenge is a confession of pain." ~Latin Proverb

Victoria's POV

"What exactly do I have to do with this Son?" I questioned, staring at the odd device in my hand.

"See this little clip at the end?" she pointed out, making me nod as I identified it. "You just need to hook this onto the antenna on top of the main tower; from there I will be able to control and manipulate the security cameras. It'll give you a chance to properly explore the palace without getting caught." She replied, turning back towards the complex equipment she had laid out on the table. I nodded, shrugging.

The plan was simple, sneak into the palace at night in my snake form and plug the weird item Sonia had given me into the correct place, then slither back home.

"Son, where exactly is this tower" she held up her hand before turning her computer screen towards me. On it, a copy of the palace's blueprints were open.

"Alright, this is the palace" she pointed "and this is where the guards survey the cameras. Now, the tower is right here" she finished, pointing her finger somewhere on the top of the palace"

"Where?" I asked, completely confused.

"Alright, you've gotta go to the back side of the castle and slither your way up completely to the top, on the roof, somewhere in the center, is the little cabin, on top of which is the antenna" she completed, leaving me completely flabbergasted.

"How did they manage to even do that?"

"Well, this is the Royal Palace sis, you can't just expect them to keep their guard down, they know they're an open target" I nodded agreeing with her statement.

"Well then, I'll make a move, the suns already down" I commented, earning a nod from her, despite her not looking my way.

I walked towards the door of my house, and pulled it open slowly.

"Close the door after me" I simply said before going behind my door and shifting quickly.

Comfort took over me as I returned into the familiar skin of my black snake, slithering my way out.

From afar, I could hear the sound of my house door shutting, so I continued along the streets, speeding as fast as I could towards the palace.

It soon came into view through my pitch black eyes, allowing me to clearly see every bit of it.

Making my way towards the back entrance, I noticed a guard standing stationary at his post, his eyes directed directly in front of him. Slowly, I slithered behind him, through the gaps of the gates inside.

Another three guards were also positioned there, making it slightly harder.

I mean a black snake slithering on the palace building in front of the guards isn't something going unnoticed. Instead, I made my way around them, through the fresh grass so they would catch me.

On I made it towards the side of the palace, I began sliding up the pillar, successfully making it onto the bricks of the building.

It took me a good few minutes to get to the top despite the speed, however once I did make it to the top, I made sure there weren't any security cameras around the rood before shifting back into human form.

In the darkness of the night, I decided to peek a glance down, to see if any guards had noticed.

Laying down, I peeked an eye out, noticing that the guards hadn't realised a thing. At this victory I stood back up, and slowly stepped ahead, walking on the roof towards the center. I had crouched down, not wanting to attract attention to a human figure casually walking on top of the palace, much less a member of the staff for the palace.

Suddenly, I felt myself slip, falling onto the ground of the roof with a big thump.

I gasped, probably screwing up the entire plan. And sure enough in the next minute, voices were heard.

"Did you hear that? Dylan, go check the perimeter" seconds later, the shuffling of feet was also heard.

Good news, they hadn't realised the noise had come from the roof.

Bad news, they had realised something was up.

Time was running out, and I needed to go through with the plan.

Soon enough, I entered a small clearing where the familiar shape of the small booth my sister had been talking about appeared in front of my eyes. I mentally did a victory dance as I approached it carefully, making sure no cameras were around. After I was sure, I pulled out the device from my pocket, leaning up and attaching the little clip on to the antenna. I then pulled out my phone sending a quick text to Sonia.

It's done

Seconds later, she replied.

Got it, well done.

I smirked, running back towards the side of the castle.

Unfortunately, three guards were down below, looking all over the place for the previous source of scare.

I cursed myself and walked towards the front side of the castle, noticing the atmosphere to be calmer there. The guards seemed more at ease and that part of the castle was a lot darker than the back gate.

I glanced down, noticing that I could make my way down the building, without getting caught. Without further ado, I shifted, slowly slipping down the walls.

On my way, I could easily take a peek inside the few bedroom windows facing that way.

First, I passed a rather small room, a young female was jumping into her bed. As I focused on her, I realised it was just a member of staff who had requested for staff accommodation provided at the castle.

Then, I passed Mia's room. The woman sat silently on her bed, the lamps on as she held a book in her hand, her vision never paying attention to her phone with seemed to be bubbling up with messages.

Further down, I came across a room I wish I hadn't.

Christian.

He however, didn't seem to have any intention of sleeping anytime soon. Especially not with Kate Summers sucking his face as he held her close to him, his hands grabbing onto her ass.

She had her arms around his neck; his hands around her, their bodies were close together. They were eating each other as if there was no tomorrow, making me sick to the gut.

Slowly, she managed to push Christian on the bed, their lips disconnecting before Kate slowly peeled off her dress in a seductive manner, climbing on top of Christian, where they continued sucking each other like it was the last day of their lives.

Disgusted, I focused away, speeding the rest of the way down, and out the gates discreetly.

*****

"Well, what's the plan now?" I questioned, shutting the door of my house behind me.

Sonia was still in front of a laptop screen, her eyes never lifting from there as she continued typing on her keyboard.

"Well, I have full control of the cameras, so tomorrow whenever you want, just let me know and I'll manipulate the cameras and give you access to explore the castle" I nodded, satisfied.

"Hey Son" she hummed in response, her eyes not meeting mine "Where did you learn how to do all of this?" she chuckled, her eyes meeting me eventually-

"I can't shift yet since I've not officially turned 21 yet, so the most I can do is this. I'm willing to do anything to make this right Vic" I smiled back in response, proud of my little sister.

"Me too Son" 

A/N

Thoughts on Kate? Will this plan succeed? Chapter thoughts? Future predictions? Comment below and let me know what you think!

Picture of Kate to the side--->

VOTE 

COMMENT

-Neha