Chapter 20 - Confirmation

"The best revenge is massive success." ~ Frank Sinatra

Christian's POV

The world was currently a blur to me as I sat patiently on my chair, behind my desk, leaned back, my eyes wandering around the air, my mind deep in thought.

How did my life get to this?

What would I do?

I had twenty four hours to either own Fre-Victoria forever or lose her forever.

Why wasn't I on my feet, looking for answers in my family? Perhaps it was because I didn't want to know what I was already anticipating. Either way, I was going to lose something, whether it was my family or my mate.

What had my life become?

I went from being next in line for the Royal Alpha to the next in line Royal Alpha whose mate was doing her best to shatter my dreams and lineage.

Nevertheless, I couldn't let her, I wouldn't let her destroy my family and everything I was born to obtain. I would take my mate down if that's what it meant. Besides, I didn't know my mate one bit, which would make it so much easier to eradicate her from my life.

My train of thoughts were suddenly cut off when the door to my office opened, and my sister walked inside, shutting the door behind her and freely taking a seat in front of me.

"She isn't here again. She's been sick a lot lately Christian, I worry she might have caught some human disease, you should go check on her" she stated, causing me to foolishly burst into a fit of laughter. "Christian, why are you laughing?" she then questioned, shooting me a weird expression.

"Human disease" I mumbled to myself, laughing even more.

"Christian, why the fuck are you laughing? What's so funny here? I just told you that there might be something seriously wrong with your mate and you just think it's the most appropriate time to start laughing?" She yells at me, causing my giggles to stop. I shook my head, leaning forward in my chair to face Mia clearly.

"She would have obtained a human disease....if she were human" I told her, watching her as her brows crunched in confusion.

"Christian, get to the fucking point! I don't have time for riddles" she snapped eventually, causing me to sigh before elevating from my seat and pace aroud. "Christian, please, you're worrying me, what the fuck is going –"

"She's not human Mia!" I exclaimed, cutting her off, watching her eyes extended slightly in astonishment.

"What? That's impossible, her scent-"

"She didn't have a scent Mia, that's why it took me so long to identify her and find her" Mia stopped talking for a brief moment, watching me carefully before walking up to where I was.

"What is she?" she then asked in a low tone. I turned around to meet her gaze and uttered the words as my eyes bored right through hers.

"She's a snake." I replied, watching as she slowly burst into her own fit of laughter.

"Ok Christian, good joke. Let's get back to the point shall we. I think Freya-"

"Victoria" I interrupted, watching her expression shift back into a confused one.

"What?"

"Victoria, that's her name. Victoria Roy. She's a weresnake and she's taking revenge on our parents for annihilating her entire village and stealing their holy gold, the same holy gold that we thought our parents retrieved from the Himalayas to make us the Royal family of the werewolf race." I concluded, watching as my sister stared back at me in absolute horror. "Mia, calm down, I don't even know if it's fully true yet, I still have to find out"