fourteen

[chapter fourteen]
|| amour ||

-Asta walked down the hallway of her school, watching all of the happy people

-
Asta walked down the hallway of her school, watching all of the happy people. She was looking for him. She always was though.

He was looking for her. They met in that hallway. She smiled as she saw him. And he smirked as he saw her. "Hey" she said. He responded with "hey". She started thinking again, and rambling about her thinking.

Chris laughed, and grabbed her hand. She smiled at this, they had held hands before but it made her happy for things to be starting to get back to normal again.

They heard a door slam and someone coming. Asta craned her neck to the side to see who slammed the door. When Chris got sight of the person, he let Astas hand go, falling lump at her side. She frowned and saw who the person was.

It was a penetrator that was at his house that time Asta came there, Nik. She thought about why he would let go of her hand when Nik arrived, and she was going to ask him.

She turned towards Chris, only to see him walking down the hall with Nik, they were laughing. She looked down at her hands and walked away as a tear made its way into her vision, blurring her vision.

She knew she shouldn't cry, but she didn't know what else to do. So as she walked towards the bathroom, she wiped any fallen tears and went inside.

Inside the bathroom, it was quiet. She walked towards the mirror and looked at her reflection. Her smooth brown hair, fair skin, and watery eyes stared back at her.

She looked at her reflection once again, before pulling out her makeup and covering her blotchy eyes.

-

"Asta? Are you here?" Chris's voice called out to her from the other side of her door. She rolled her eyes before strutting over to the door and opening it. "What?" She said, acting annoyed as hell. He sighed, before remembering what he was there for.

"We should talk." He stated. She huffed and then smirked, "I don't need to talk, maybe you do." She replied smoothly. She tried to hold in her anger as he stood there staring at her.

"Are you mad at me?" Chris asked, as if her being mad at him was like a cow jumping over the moon. She  scoffed at him.

"Why do you always assume it's about you, Christoffer? And why do you always treat me like shit when other people were around. You know when we were dating you treated me good, but then all of the sudden something happened and you jumped at the chance to blame me and get out of the relationship. And then the next fucking day you're kissing another girl. And then I come over to YOUR house and I apologized and told THE TRUTH. And you treated me normal again, and THEN you kiss me at New Years. And today? As soon as Nik came up, you let go of m hand and you know how that makes me feel? It makes me feel like absolute shit, because now I know why you like me. You just wanted me, but when your friends are around there is no time for being a human being, or actually liking a girl." 

She didn't realize tears were streaming down both of their faces until she wiped her eyes and saw him doing the same.

She continued. "Now, we are friends. We are not going to be anything more than friends. I wish it didn't have to be this way but you know what, I care too damn much, and I don't want to be in a reckless relationship, and I don't want you to be in one either. Just do your thing and forget about what happened this year, were just friends." She said as he opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out.

"You know? I just realized I loved you, and you broke my heart." She said, without thinking.

Both of their mouths fell open and she started shaking her head. "No, no, no" she repeated. "I didn't-" he cut her off by grabbing her into a hug, when he let go they both stared into each other's tears eyes. "This is it?" He asked

"This is i- it." She said. She slid her back down the wall and buried her head in her hands. He watched her fall to the ground, before sliding down next to her and grabbed her hand.

That sat like that for hours, because they knew when they got up, it would be over.

Her mind flashed back to when they were at the cafe a few days ago, they were so happy. She cried more as she thought about it. They were so happy just days ago, but it was always more than that. She always felt it.

-

When they finally pried themselves off the ground, Chris said he had to go. She let him leave. "Goodbye, Christoffer." She kissed him on the cheek. She watched as he walked out of her house, her hand l leaving his, and her heart leaving with him.

-

I'm honestly shaking Bc I've been waiting for this chapter honestly this book sucks so much, but wtf 21k reads and 1k likes on this book I'm so thankful to you readers!!