nineteen

[chapter nineteen]
|| amour ||

Asta looked up at all of the people in the hospital room

Asta looked up at all of the people in the hospital room. "No." She whispered, "Why?- Why are you here?!" She yelled out, "why aren't you all looking for him!?" She got up from the bed.

"Asta, you should get some rest. The police are on it." Noora said, trying to calm the girl down. "Oh, yeah. I should stay calm because the man I love is out there somewhere with some crazy psychopaths and you're all in here telling me that the cops are looking for him."   She looked around the room.

"Get the nurses, I'm leaving." Vilde nodded and left the room, leaving the rest of them there.

Asta looked around the room and spotted a jacket and some jeans. "Are those for me?" She pointed at them. William looked over at them, "Yeah we brought them for you, for when you're allowed to leave."

Asta walked over to them and grabbed them. She went into the bathroom and changed. Once she came out, the nurse was there. "Okay, sweety. Is your legal guardian here?" She gave the nurse a look.

"No, I don't have parents." She lied a little. She really didn't consider her parents, her parents. William spoke up, "I'm her older brother." The nurse nodded and gave him the paper, "just sign on the X and she's free to go!"

-

Once they left the hospital, Asta grabbed her phone and called Erik. She almost hung up, but it picked up. "Hello, Asta. Seems you're finally out of the hospital." She frowned, "Seems like it. Where's Chris?"

She heard a slam on the other line, "Damnit, why can't you just stop talking about him. It's YOU AND ME. YOURE MY PERFECT ONE. HE DOESNT GET YOU!" she didn't say anything, "If you want to save him, meet me somewhere. A trade, you for him." She grimaced.

"Okay. What about Eva?" She heard a low chuckle, "Well turn her in as the stalker. And we can live happy. Text you the address."

She got into her car and drove. She wasn't really sure why she did all of this at first. Why drive there and probably end up dead? She answered the question though. I love him, and he would do it for me.

-

When asta finally arrived at the warehouse, she heard chuckling behind her. "Eva!" She ran to the girl with blood coming out of the wound on her leg. She knew what Eva did to her, but she didn't know if Eva was forced to do it, or if she needed help. She had to help her, because she once loved her. They were friends.

She reached the girl crumpled on the ground. Eva looked up, smiling at Asta. "I thought you would walk right past me." She said, her breath ragged. "I-I'm sorry-" her breath hitched. "I thought he lo- loved me." She sobbed. Asta frantically tried i find the wound.

"I- I thought if I told you I knew and let Erik do whatever he was doing with the texts- I thought I could get Chris back. And I thought that I could finally have him. Or if- if Erik loved me enough"- she cut herself off, struggling to breathe. Asta grabbed her hand. "Shh, it's okay"

Eva threw her hand away, "No, I deserve this. I thought maybe, maybe he won't just want Asta. Maybe he wants me. But- but it ended up like this. I thought at the meet up that it would be like we said. But everything just happened so fast. I sounded like a lunatic. I sounded l-like a bitch."

Eva sobbed continuously whispering while Asta dialed the emergency. "Please- I have a hurt friend here- come quick" that was the last Eva heard as she fell into blackness.

-

Asta heard the ambulance as she sobbed over the body crumbled under her. When they pulled her away. They didn't let her into the ambulance, they told her to drive there.

Asta looked down at the blood on her body- it was everywhere. So as she got a phone call- her phone was also covered in blood. Erik told her the location to go. She was scared, maybe she shouldn't go. But then she thought. Chris is there.

-

Erik came outside and grabbed Asta. "Hello lovely." She jerked away. "Where's. Chris?" She spat. Erik hummed, digging his nails into her sides. "Baby.." his hot breath lingered on Asta's neck as he grabbed her body and forced her on him. His front pressed into her back. He smiled, running a blade along her cheek. "Shh, you're with me."  Asta cried out loudly "please, where is he?" He flinched, "You know, I dated you because I watched you for years. YEARS. It was never enough to you, you were Williams sister. It only made me want you more. And then you wanted him. You wanted Chris. When you finally wanted me you fucking played me. Do you take pleasure in being a whore?" He glared at her while gripping  harder on her hips. Asta didn't answer, so he grabbed her face and forcefully made her look at him. "LOOK AT ME " she refused, while looking down. "ONLY ME!" She jumped at his sudden outburst. Erik freaked out. "I didn't mean to scare you" He suddenly looked down solemnly. When he looked away Asta grabbed at his knife and forced it into him slightly, cutting him. "oh you little bitch!" She screamed when she had stabbed him with his knife, right where he stabbed Eva.

She ran crazily screaming out her lovers name. She remembered everything in that moment. The simple amour they began with. How had it come to this. That was a question she didn't want to answer. She was too scared to.

She heard a muffled scream coming from a different direction, so she ran that way. As she was running, every memory went through her head. She don't want to live without him. She felt like it was for fever until she stopped running and could hear him clearly. Asta stopped, there was a door in front of her, pounding and crying sounded from the other side. Shaking, she reached towards it. She opened the door and there he was.

In the distance they could hear Erik screaming and laughing maniacally. "Asta, come here baby. I won't hurt you. I know you will come here baby" the more she ignored him, the angrier he got. "Get the fuck out here now bitch. I will fuck you in front of him and then kill him while you watch" 

Chris was tied up and bleeding. She shushed him and took off his blindfold and the duct tape around his mouth. "Asta? You need to go." She stopped him by putting a finger over her mouth. "Shhh, listen I have a plan."

She told Chris what was going on, and he agreed to help her. And as she walked out of the door, he pulled her back, crushing her in a hug and pulling away. He then cupped her cheeks and kissed her like the world was about to end. Tears were streaming down both of their faces. She pulled away, and walked out.

"Erik! Erik I'm here. I'm sorry I'll go with you. J-just promise that he goes safe." Erik popped up grabbing her body. He ran his hands all over it, and hugged her. "I knew you'd be smart." He pulled away, "now come on, we have to leave."

As he dragged her towards the exit, they heard a gun go off, hitting Erik straight in the back. "Not so fast, jackass." Asta turned around and dropped Erik, running to her brother. She jumped into his arms. "Thank you for telling me you were going." He said, "thank you for saving me." She said.

-

I know this is cliche but there's an epilogue coming your way in about 20 minutes.