eighteen

[chapter eighteen]
|| amour ||

"CHRIS?" Asta ran crazily through the alleys looking for the boy. She heard someone running, and ran right into Erik, he was breathing heavy.

Asta furrowed her eyebrows, "Hey, you okay?" She asked her ex. She couldn't help who she was, she was nice. He smirked, "Didn't know you still cared." She just rolled her eyes. "Have you seen Chris?" He had a unsettling glint in his eyes. Asta did not like it.

"Nah, I haven't seen him. You should get a tighter leash next time, A." The harsh words rolled off his tongue easily, making Asta take a step back. "Wow, thanks for the wonderful advice, E." she copied his lame excuse for a nickname, before hitting shoulders with him, attempting to walk away.

He grabbed her wrist. "Hey, I'm- I'm sorry." He looked down. Asta couldn't feel bad for him, but she wasn't completely sure what to do. He looked up, she nodded. "Um, t-thank you." She finally said. He furrowed his eyebrows. She cleared her throat. "I gotta go." He sighed, "Right, I'll leave you to it. See you."

With that he left her. He left her to wonder what he was doing in the alley by himself. And why he had even apologized anyways. She pondered over their conversation the entire time she stood there. A sound in the distance shocked her out of the thought.

Crash!

What was that? Asta did what any reasonable person would do, stay quiet and not draw any attention to themselves. She waited until the noise finally subsided.

A shadow appeared at the end of the alley, she stepped back. It came running forwards and it wasn't until the shadow was in front of her was wren she realized, it was Chris.

He wrapped his strong arms around the petite girl. She inhaled deeply. "Where? Where were you?" He breathed in through his mouth. "Got a fucked up text, again."

She freaked out. "Chris, you got texts too?" His eyes widened, "Give me your phone!" She complied, not worrying about what he was doing on it. "Done." She looked ok her phone, horrified at what they had gotten themselves into.

-

"This ends now." Chris said, running his hands through his hair. He glanced at Asta, Who was sitting on her bed, William at her side.

William was outraged to learn about these texts. He wouldn't let it go. "Let's get the bastard."

Now, seven people sat in Astas bedroom, helping figure this out. Asta, Chris, William, Noora, Sana, Vilde, and Eva.

When they first told everyone, they were all talking over each other. "Why didn't you tell?" "Is it alright?" "What else happened?" Were multiple phrases that could be heard. Right now though, it was silent.

"We're gonna catch this guy, once and for all." Sana spoke. Vilde nodded in agreement. They sat together, working on a computer, tracking the texts.

Chris and Asta were explaining, and texting. They were mostly texts of "It's over. We know who you are." Even though Chris had seen the attacker, he had not revealed.

A loud beep erupted from both phones.

"This is it." Asta exclaimed, grabbing her phone. She opened the message.

Unknown: you, me, Chris. That's all.

Me: meet at the city park.

Unknown: let's settle this.

-

It's happening. Asta was beyond nervous, but she would not stop thinking something felt wrong. William was reluctant to let her go, but Chris had convinced him it was the only chance.

Chris and Asta held each other's hands as they walked towards the park. "Chris? Please just, stay safe." She let go of his hand and began texting again. Chris responded with a "We'll get through this."

Asa smiled at his response, remembering him saying the exact same words to her earlier in the relationship. She nodded. "He's here."

"Hello, nice to see you, A." She should've known, Erik. The alley. How could she have not put it together. Chris yelled out a "What the fuck." Erik smirked.

Asta saw Chris's expression, "That's not right. You're not who I saw in the alley." Asta gasped. "What? Chris, what are you talking
About?"

He turned, "Today, in the alley. I saw someone else that was the message person. It was- "

"Me." A familiar voice cut him off. "It was me." Asta turned around, revealing Eva. "No, no. No!" Eva laughed, before heading over to Erik and kissing him roughly. Asta backed away.

"How could y-" she began, Eva cut her off by grabbing a fistful of her hair in her hand, bring tears into her eyes.

Chris reached out to yank her away, but Erik confined him back. "Sucks, don't it?"

Asta let out a sob, "Eva, why- why do this?"

Eva laughed venomously, "I'm glad you asked. You see, the day I saw Chris heading into the classroom in the morning, I knew you were the girl he was with. Erik saw me looking, because he was looking at you. I wanted Chris, and he wanted you. Together we became a team, we didn't need to constantly be rejected. He's the only one who has ever wanted me. Tragic right?"

Asta fell to the floor with a wicked push from Eva. "Now this isn't about me liking Chris and you getting him. This is about your betrayal, don't you think you should pay for that?" Asta cried out as Eva advanced, but she was pushed aside by Chris. He had gotten out of Eriks hold, but Erik grabbed Asta this time. "Shhh. Baby, shhh. Stop crying." Eva got up and knocked Chris out with a long stick from behind, nagging it against his head. She started dragging him away.

Erik turned Asta around in his hold, and grabbed her tear stained face, forcing her to look up at him. "You truly are beautiful, it wasn't supposed to be this way. You were supposed to want me, not him."

-

Eva did not come back. It was just Erik and Asta, sitting at the park. Asta cried as Erik suddenly came up to her. "Eva sent this." It was a picture of Chris, he was tied to a chair in someone's house. Asta sobbed. "Don't worry, the bad guy is gone now." Erik laughed as Asta fought against him while he forced her to hug his body.

She screamed when he kissed her. She screamed so loud that he was covering her mouth. "Shut up, don't scream yet."

She shook her body as she got creeped out by the last statement. She saw a car, and was relieved when Erik quickly ran. She fell to the ground and the last thing she saw was her brothers tear stained face, running towards her.

-

Two hours later.

"She's awake!!" Someone yelled, Asta blinked. She saw her whole group stalking her up in a huge hug. "Chris?" They all stopped smiling.

"Asta, Chris isn't here. They don't know where they took him."

-

OH MY GOD ITS BEEN TOO LONG BUT IM HERE WITH THIS SUCKY ASS CHAPTER OMG OMG THE STALKERS WERE SO CLICHE IM CRYINB.