Chapter Seven

I avoided Christen as much as I could.

I stayed in my room for the whole night, not wanting to face him. My wrist had started to go a purplish brown colour, the fingerprints from his grip clearly visible. I touched my wrist and winced.

I was getting ready for school, purposely wearing one of my bigger jumpers to hide my wrist. I don't need people questioning why I have a bruised wrist. It would only add to the gossip, which I definitely don't need right now.

I skipped quickly through the house, not even eating breakfast before I was out the door. I sighed deeply and walked to the bus stop.

After I got off the bus at school, I saw Veronica and her friends glaring at me from their car. Obviously, she still hadn't gotten over the fact that I may or may not have thrown a fish at her.

I internally shrugged. She deserved it. She probably deserves a thousand times worse if she does that to people on a regular basis.

>< >< ><

I was sitting in Calculus, trying my hardest to pay attention but ultimately failing. Seriously, who was the genius who decided to add letters into math?

The teacher was going through questions on the board, not even asking any of the students for the answer since he knew he probably wasn't going to get one.

I leaned my head on my desk, shutting my eyes. The teacher didn't even notice. In fact, most of the students were already dozing off on their desks.

Just as I was about to fall asleep, I heard the teacher speak. "Miss Arnolds?"

My head shot up.

That was a bad idea.

As soon as I had moved my head, a wave of dizziness washed over me. I gripped my head in pain, gritting my teeth. The pain in my head throbbed. "Yes, Sir?"

The pain wasn't going away. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears, and my vision was getting blurry.

"Please, answer the question on the board," he said in a bored tone. No one was paying attention anymore, either they were sleeping or playing on their phones under the table.

I looked up, squinting my eyes to see. I had started to read the question for about three seconds before the numbers, letters and lines had started to move around and double. I felt like throwing up and my head felt like it was on fire.

"Uhhh I.. I.. can't." My breathing was becoming shallow and my breaths short. My chest was heaving up and down, yet no one seemed to notice. Even the teacher had turned back to the board, oblivious to what was going on in his class.

"Sir, may I please be excused?" I asked before bolting out of the classroom, already outside by the time I got a 'yes' for an answer.

I held my head in my hands, staggering down the empty hallways. I headed towards the girls' bathroom, which would hopefully be empty.

I was getting more dizzy as time went past, barely being able to walk anymore. I couldn't hear anything anymore and I was starting to see black spots in my vision.

I didn't make it to the girls bathroom.

I vaguely remember collapsing on the hallway floor, my legs giving out. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't get enough air.