Chapter Twenty One

I met with Amber and the rest of the soccer team at lunch. Fortunately, I didn't see any of the 'nice' girls, Veronica and Belle, that had blessed our presence at the trials. Sarcasm alert.

We all had our sports uniforms on, and the coach was walking towards us. "Well done girls, you've made the team," she said.

"There will be two training sessions per week after school. On Wednesday and Friday afternoons you are expected to come to training after school for two hours. Each week on Saturday there will be a game, and I will inform you of the venue, whether it be at this school, another or a field," she explained.

We all listened, no one speaking. "I have to go and mark some exams. There is a bag of soccer balls here, do some practice and get to know each other. Take the equipment back to the sports shed when you're done," she finished before walking back off the field. The girls around me looked at each other before we slowly inched towards the bag of soccer balls.

Amber strode confidently to the bag and took out a ball, letting it fall to her feet. "So, what should we do? Any suggestions?"

"We could kick it to each other and say our names? You know, like to introduce ourselves?" one girl with blonde hair suggested. Amber shrugged and nodded. We all got into a big circle. There were twenty of us.

"I'm Amber," Amber said, kicking the ball to the blonde haired girl that had spoken earlier.

She stopped it swiftly underneath her foot. "I'm Jessica." Jessica had green eyes, along with beige blonde hair that was styled into two Dutch braids.

She kicked the ball to another girl. Her layered red head was flowing down her shoulders, her green eyes barely glancing down as she caught the ball as well. "I'm Ashley."

She then nudged the ball towards a girl with shoulder length black hair and brown eyes. The girl chewed on bubblegum, blowing a small pink bubble. "I'm Emily."

The rest of the girls kicked the ball around the circle until it had gone to everyone, including me. Now we were stumped on what to do next. It was a little awkward, the small silence in the air. Lunch would be over soon anyway, so we could push this back until the next training.

We just decided on kicking the ball around for a couple more minutes before the bell rang. As predicted, the warning bell rang and we all went and quickly got changed before heading off to our classes.

>< >< ><

I was chilling at home, calmly baking some marshmallow and chocolate chip cookies. I heard a knock at the door, so I went to get it. I spotted Christen sneaking up to the bowl of cookie batter. "Touch the cookies and I will destroy you."

"Alright! Jeez," he muttered before taking his place on the couch again. I smiled triumphantly as I approached the door, opening it to see Ethan holding the hands of two little girls who clutched onto some familiar dolls.

"Can you watch them?" he asked.

I nodded. "Sure, for how long?" He nudged them inside and they came to hold my hands.

"Couple hours. I'll be back later, bye," he said before rushing down the driveway and into his car, speeding off down the street.

"Not much of a talker," I muttered before taking the girls inside. They decided to explore the house a bit more, running around and observing everything in sight. They even greeted Christen, who just laughed and started playing with them while I baked the cookies. They chased each other around the house while I laughed to the point where my stomach was aching with laughter.