Chapter Nineteen

I woke up to a pillow.

More specifically, it hit me in the face and I didn't even have to look to know who it was.

"Christen, I will turn you into a pillow if you do that again," I mumbled, turning over. I heard him chuckle before he hit me with the pillow. Again.

I opened my eyes and turned around, death glaring the boy who was grinning. We were both sprawled out on the mountain of pillows, blankets covering us. It's like when you were little and you would have sleepovers with the neighbours kids or something.

"Do you want to die?" I asked. His grin immediately dropped and he got up, almost tripping over the pillows and blankets, and he bolted out of the lounge room and into the kitchen. I quickly got up, only falling over twice, and ran after him.

He ran around the bench in the middle of the kitchen, easily avoiding me. I glared and grabbed the closest thing that I could to use as a weapon.

Unfortunately, it was only a can of whipped cream that we had forgotten to take into the lounge room for the movie. Still, I could use it. I squirted some into my hand and then ran after Christen, still holding the can in my other hand.

In my favour, Christen ran back through into the lounge room and tripped over the blankets as I had previously done. This gave me an advantage to rush towards him while he was still disorientated for a moment.

I then through the ball of whipped cream, that had been in my hand, right into his face. Bulls eye.

His mouth in shock. "I can't believe you just did that," he said, wiping his face with his shirt.

"What? Did this?" I said, spraying the whipped cream from the can right into his face and hair.

Then, he snatched the can from me while he was temporarily blind. I stumbled back, with my hands in front of me. "Let's talk about this."

He grinned evilly, even though he looked ridiculous when his face was covered in cream. He got closer while I hit a wall, before he sprayed the whipped cream all over me.

I glared at him and he started laughing like crazy, while made me stop glaring and eventually join him. Soon enough, we were both covered in creamed sugar and laughing our heads off, about to fall on the floor.

After we stopped laughing, I went to the sink and grabbed a cloth, putting it under the water and wiping the whipped cream from my face. Christen joined me moments later.

It was now quiet in the house, our sounds of laughter gone. Well, it was silent until Christen spoke up. "I'm sorry."

"It's only whipped cream," I joked.

"No, I mean for everything that I did to you," he said, sounding genuinely sad. "I'm sorry for being a bully and an asshole. I'm sorry for saying all those shit things to you and hurting you. I'm sor-"

I cut him off, "Christen, its fine. I forgive you. I can't stay mad at anyone for very long, and you seem like a nicer person now," I said, a small smile tugging at the corner of my lips.

He smiled too. After that we cleaned up and took down our pillow fort, which was quite sad actually. We worked hard on that fort.

>< >< ><

Fast forward to Tuesday the next week. I had spent the whole weekend doing things with Christen, basically lazing around and eating an entire supermarket in one hour.

My parents hadn't shown up all weekend, which meant that they were probably staying at a hotel that was closer to their work, or they were sleeping in the office. I had no idea how they did that, don't ask me.