Alternate Epilogue

This is not the real ending.

*8 years later, after the conclusion of the novel and excluding the previous epilogue*

"Stef, you're freaking out."

"I know."

"You need to calm down."

"I know."

"You look like you're about to have a seizure."

I turned around, a possible crazy look present in my eyes. "That's the OPPOSITE of what I want to hear!" I practically yelled, wishing I could rip my hair out. However, I just had it done so that wouldn't have ended well.

"You look great!" Amber smiled crookedly, her eyebrows slightly twitching as she tried to salvage her own life. "Just maybe... less insane asylum?"

I huffed, sitting back down in front of the mirror. My hair was swept back into a braided bun, carefully constructed curls cascading down the sides of my profile and jaw. In an attempt to lessen my stress, I touched up the makeup that Amber had done to perfection. Blowing air out of my mouth, I stood up in my white dressing robe.

"Where's the dress?" I asked, turning around while I tried to contain a smile. Amber, however, did not as she smiled and squealed, rushing over to the closet that held my future. She brought out the marvellous gown, snow white as it descended downwards full of exquisite design. My bank account had suffered, but it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

After around twenty minutes of struggling, despite the effort of two individuals, I managed to look as presentable as I could. Amber had put on her silver dress, the silk flowing at her feet as she brushed out her dark curls. Her tanned skin glistened against her dress as she seemed to be nervous herself.

"What if I fall on my ass?" I questioned out loud, repeatedly turning around in the mirror.

"At least your ass will look good." Amber shrugged, throwing a wink towards me. I chuckled nervously, the anxiety within me increasing with every passing second.

"That is not the point."

"Oh, but it will be," she said, wiggling her eyebrows. "later on tonight, when you and-"

"Alright! That's enough of that."

"I hope the cake tastes good though," she stated. "Best part of the night."

"Gee, thanks," I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. "Not even the location? There will be a great view."

"Trust me, I love beaches," she replied. "but food is better. But the beach wedding was a good choice, I'll give you that. Except for the sandy shoes."

"There's a boardwalk anyway," I replied back.

"Thank god, that means I don't have to get my feet out," she said, wiping her brow with relief.

I coughed with laughter, not even having anything to say. It didn't matter, as before I could say anything, there was a crash outside of the room. We were currently residing in one of the beach houses close to the location. It was small, but it sufficed for the day. We were currently in one of the bedrooms, and my thoughts immediately went to the glass vase that sat on a tall stool in the lounge room outside.

"What the f-" Amber started.

"was that?" I finished for her. We gave each other a mutual look of confusion, before realisation came upon us. We both had estimated pretty accurate guesses of what had actually happened. More so, who was involved.

Amber rushed to the door opening it. I stood up in my dress, the heels making it almost impossible to maintain balance without looking like an idiot. Thankfully, I managed it as I made my way to the door to peer outside.