Chapter Thirty

"And now for the ultimate deciding round: movie titles," Blake declared. "I will give each pair a movie title, and you will have twenty five seconds to guess the movie without speaking or making a sound."

Blake went to Jordan and whispered the movie in his ear, making sure that Xavier couldn't hear. He then beckoned me over, and whispered the name of our movie into my ear.

"Jaws," he whispered.

"Are you joking?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow. "Fine."

"Stef will go first," Blake said, setting the timer. "Go!"

I tried as hard as I could to pretend like I was swimming, but in reality I was waving my arms crazily. Ethan started guessing random movies, trying to get one right. I faked a really scared look, and mimicked getting eaten alive while holding a hand behind my back, like a shark fin.

"Jaws!" he guessed finally, with nine seconds left on the clock. I high fives him and sat back down. Xavier scoffed.

"This will be easy," he bragged. He got into an unusual position, and Blake beckoned for him to start. He started waving one of his hands in a peculiar pattern.

Jordan wasn't even guessing, he just sat there confused as he tried to decipher Xavier's actions. Xavier tried to desperately wave his hand in some type of circular pattern, but the timer was up before he could try anything else.

"Stef and Ethan are the winners!" Blake declared, clapping.

"What was the movie?" Jordan questioned, hitting Xavier on the back of the head.

Xavier rubbed his head. "Quit it. It was Harry Potter."

Everyone went 'oh' at the same time, Xavier's weird hand motions suddenly making a lot more sense.

"Do we get a prize?" I asked.

"No," Blake replied.

I huffed. "But we won," I pouted jokingly.

"Can we watch a movie or something?" Xavier said, plopping down onto a mattress. "That was too much exercise for me."

"Sure," Blake shrugged. "You have to get more snacks though."

"Fine." Xavier groaned, getting up and walking into the kitchen. I heard rain start to fall outside, it quickly getting heavier until it was a full storm.

"Creepy," Ethan grinned. "Horror movie? Or is Blake too much of a pussy?"

Blake attempted to punch him, but missed. "Fuck you, I am not!"

Ethan raised his hands in surrender, although he had a smug look on his face. "Whatever you say."

"Dick."

"Asshole."

"Cut it out," I said, randomly playing some game on my phone.

Xavier came back with the snacks, chips and even more sugar, and sat them down on the table. I noticed he looked slightly sweaty and on edge, but I decided not to say anything. I notice Jordan glance at him as well, but he also didn't say anything.

Xavier put on a Marvel film, which I knew I would enjoy. The storm picked up, and so did the wind. The large house howled in the wind, the wooden floorboards cracking in the hallways. We had dimmed the lights, and it made for a spooky scene.

Ethan, Jordan and Blake's eyes were all trained on the screen. I, however, was watching Xavier as his eyes darted around everywhere but the screen. He clutched a pillow in his lap, perhaps a little too tightly, and seemed more on edge than before, almost panicked. Obviously, something was wrong. I didn't want to embarrass him, so I didn't know what I could do.