Chapter Twenty Eight

A/N: instagram: thatoneauthor101 :)))

"Excuse me?" she exclaimed with confusion, her eyebrow seeming to twitch with anger. "Did you just say that to me?" I refrained from pointing out how cliché that sentence was.

"Yes, I did," I snapped. "And I think you needed to hear it."

"You can't just say that! Why would your opinion matter?" Veronica stepped in,

"I just did say it! You've been nothing but horrible to not only Blake, but me and many others as well," I said loudly, grabbing the attention of onlookers. "I may have been harsh on these guys when I first saw them, and I wouldn't say what I said now, but you are just plain rude to everyone and you think you can always get what you want by stepping all over everyone!" I said all at once without a breath.

"You're bullies!" I finished, breathing in and out. I didn't bother to look around to see the reactions.

I turned around and walked away. I heard someone whistle, and then Jordan's voice. "Everything that she said." Seconds later, he was walking next to me. Blake suddenly appeared on my right, throwing his arm around me.

I couldn't help but look back, however my view was obstructed by Xavier and Ethan who walked behind me. Xavier was walking backwards, flipping the bird at the crowd that had formed, while Ethan threw me a thumbs up.

I grinned and kept walking with them.

>< >< ><

Skipping to lunch that day, I was sitting them in the cafeteria. And all day I had not stopped hearing about what happened. People even high fived me.

"Damn, you really showed her." Jordan laughed, having talked non stop about it since it happened. I think I had gotten at least fifty high fives from him already.

"Yeah she did," Xavier agreed.

My phone beeped, it was a text from my mum. Doctor appointment after school. We'll be visiting Christen afterwards.

"Who was that?" Blake questioned, seeing me furrow my eyebrows slightly.

"Oh I'm going to the doctor to check up on my-" I stopped myself before I spat out the fact that I had cancer. "cousin. He's sick. Just the flu."

Ethan made eye contact with me, mentally assuring me that he wouldn't say anything. I flickered my gaze back to Blake.

At first, I hadn't known why I was reluctant to tell anyone. I didn't have anyone to tell when I was first diagnosed as a child.

But now, I had realised why I didn't want to tell them.

This was my first and last year of high school. I wanted to spend the year having fun as a high school student. I didn't want people to look at me as if I was a fragile thing that would break.

Because I wasn't.

I'm tough. I won't let any assholes get in my way.

I didn't want to be the girl with cancer. I wanted to be Stef. I wanted to be me.

>< >< ><

*lil bit of a time skip*

Mid year exams were finally over, and now for our three week break. I could not have been more relieved.

Christen was out of the hospital and doing better, and now his mother was trying to convince him to go to rehab which he was refusing. I didn't say anything about it. He's living back with her now until he can support himself.