Chapter 1: Cameron's Birthday

It was a sunny morning and the day was September 22, which fell on a saturday as the sun was up in the sky over Highland Park, which is a northern town of Chicago in the state of Illinois, which is in the Midwest continent of the USA and people were just driving to various places and the time was 8:30 AM, it was the first day of fall but it was still warm.

On a street called Crescent Court, there was a house that was 13.888 square feet, 4 acres overlooked lake michigan and it had a private beach, and the interior space had huge windows, high ceilings, views of Lake Michigan, kitchen, steam shower, media and exercise areas, fireplace and a storage room. On the outside it had a deck, patio, waterfront views, pool and tennis and basketball courts and it also has eight bedrooms and 11 bathrooms.

In the master bedroom of the house, which had a flat screen HD TV, PlayStation 3, DVD player, Radio, posters of Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs and White Sox players were on the wall and it had a twin sized bed and in the bed, there was a young man asleep in it, he was in his early twenties with long dark brown hair, the young man in question was Cameron Lee Miller aka Cam or Ronnie, who is the son of Abby Lee Miller, who is a dance teacher and he danced for her growing up. Vince was soundly sleeping, then the sound of the door opening and it made a creaking sound, which woke him from his sleep and he had green eyes, he looked around to see what was going on and noticed that a brown haired woman around 46 with green eyes, she was wearing a black shirt, black trackpants and TOMS sneakers. The woman was Abby Lee Miller, who is the mother of Vince and the chief choreographer of the studio known as the Abby Lee Dance Company.

"Sorry about that, sweetie. I didn't mean to wake you up." Abby apologetically said.

"Hey, Mom. It's no problem." Cameron greeted, yawning.

"Hello, Cameron." Abby stated warmly as she walked over to him and gave him a hug. "Happy 21st Birthday."

Cameron smiled and he hugged her back. "Thank you, mom."

"You're welcome and i can't believe that you're 21 today, you're offically an adult, but technically you became one on your 18th birthday and it seemed like yesterday you were a baby i held in my arms after i gave birth to you, but now you've grown into a wonderful young man." Abby told him, wiping a tear from her eye.

"You raised me right, kept me on the straight and narrow with help from grandma and of course before he passed, my grandpa." Cameron added.

"We sure did." Abby said.

"I love you, mom." Vince stated.

"I love you too, son." Abby responded and they shared another hug, then some footsteps were heard and walking in was an eight year old girl and she was wearing a t-shirt, jeans and converse sneakers. Her name was Vivi-Anne aka Vivi and she was the adopted daughter of Abby and the adoptive sister of Cameron. Abby adopted her at birth when she and Cameron took a trip to Guatemala in September of 2004 and since then Vivi and Cameron have been close and even though Vivi dances at the ALDC, she doesn't compete unless necessary, but does take classes.

"Hello, big bro." Vivi said to Cameron. "Happy Birthday."

"Thanks, little sis." Cameron replied.

"You're welcome."

"Cameron, i know you didn't want a party for your 21st, so Vivi and i decided to take you on a picnic to celebrate your birthday." Abby said. "How does that sound?"

"I like that idea."

Five hours later, after having breakfast and watching some TV with his mother and sister, Cameron went to his bathroom, got in the shower, put some hair gel on, and combed his long hair to make it curly, then he put it in a ponytail. He headed to his room to find what he was going to wear, he pulled out some dark blue jeans, dark blue short sleeve button down shirt and some boat shoes. Cameron put them on, got his cell phone, camera and keys for his house and then he walked to the living room where Abby and Vivi were sitting.