Chapter 12: Finding

The next day, which was the first day of the ALDC's winter break, Cameron was at his house watching TV in the living room and on TV was ESPN's SportsCenter, the time was 10:30 am and he had taken a shower the minute he woke up and he was in a tank top and sleeping pants.

"I'm gonna see what Mom's up to." Cameron said to himself as he grabbed his phone and dialed Abby's number and put the phone to his ear, the dial tone sounded three times.

"Hello, sweetie." Abby greeted over the phone.

"Hi, mom. What are you, Grandma and Vivi up to this morning?" Cameron asked

"Not much, we're playing Scrabble, what about you?"

"Nothing much, just watching ESPN." Cameron said. "Mom, i've got a question, where will the last competition of the first half of the dancing season be?"

"It'll be in Los Angeles on February 23rd." Abby answered.

"Thanks for giving me the heads up, because i didn't get a chance to ask you when it was." Cameron stated.

"You're welcome." Abby responded. "Cameron, remember when we used to go to Columbus Park a lot when you were younger?"

"I sure do, the last time we were there, we were at a picnic and at the time i was 13 going on 14 and it's 40 minutes away from here." Cameron said.

"I know, maybe you should go there today and take a walk through the park so you can reminisce on those good times we had when we went there." Abby suggested.

"You know, i'll do that." Cameron said.

"Have fun and be careful, love you, sweetie." Abby told him.

"I will and love you too, mom. see ya." Cameron said, then he hung up and headed to his bedroom, which was on the main level of his house and the other seven bedrooms were on the second level. He pulled out a gray tracksuit, winter shoes and a coat, then Cameron put them on, locked up the house and left the house and got into his SUV and headed to the park.

40 minutes later, Cameron had arrived at Columbus Park, which was a 135-acre park, which had trees, a lake called the Columbus Park Lagoon and the park was located between Central Avenue and Austin Avenue. He found a parking space and got out of his truck and began to walk through the park even though it was a cold day and during his walk, he stopped to look at the lagoon.

"Cameron?" A voice said.

Cameron had a surprised expression when he heard his name being called, then he had turned around and saw that the voice came from Gianna, who was sitting on a bench and she was wearing a black tracksuit, a jacket and boots.

"Oh, you surprised me, Gia." Cameron said.

"What brings you here?" Gianna asked.

"Well, mom and i were talking about the good old days coming here when i was little, we'd frequently look at the lagoon and my grandpa taught me how to fish here when i was five, before he passed away when i was eight going on nine." Cameron answered.

"Oh, i came here to take a little walk in the park." Gianna told him. "Do you want to sit next to me?"

"O-ok." Cameron stuttered as Gianna giggled at him, then he sat down next to her and they looked at the lagoon. "Remember when we had a picnic here with my mom and your mom years ago on your 12th birthday?"

"I sure do, we were having fun, but it unexpectedly started raining and we called it a day, but eventually it was a fun day." Cameron said as he and Gianna laughed at the memory.

"Gia, have you ever had a crush on someone and loved them?" Cameron asked his friend, as his green eyes locked with Gianna's gray ones.

Gianna froze after he had asked her that question, then she looked away.