Chapter 11: Honoring Broadway Baby

Saturday had arrived and that day, the Abby Lee Dance Company were in seen arriving at McCormick Place, where Starbound was going to be held at, it was going to be in the Grand Ballroom, which is located in Level 1 of the South Building and the meeting rooms would be used as dressing rooms and they entered the south building.

"Girls, usually you have to win when it comes to competition, but however in this case, all of your dances are in honor of Broadway Baby, so dance your hearts out when you're on that stage and that would make Baby proud." Cameron told them.

"He's right, she might not be here physically, but in spirit, Baby is with us and she would be happy that you're honoring her." Abby said as the girls nodded and the moms also did the same thing, then they entered one of the dressing rooms. "Asia, Chloe, Brooke, Kendall, your dances will be first!"

Kristie, Christi, Kelly and Jill all began to help their daughters do their make up and hair, which didn't take long, then they went into the changing room.

"Mom, remember you took me to a dancers convention here at McCormick Place when i was 13?" Cameron reminisced.

"I sure do." Abby responded, talking about the time that Abby had taken him to a dancers' convention and he had enjoyed it, he had met fellow dancers there and learned a lot from legendary dancers and choreographers like Debbie Allen."

Asia was the first to leave the changing section and she was in a white leotard of spandex and lined sequin spandex with adjustable straps and attached was a cascade skit of sheer over crepe.

Chloe was in her costume and it was a white dresss consisted of a beautiful pearl appliqued lace dail and it was breath taking from the back and in the front. It had white pearl, rhinestones and sequin applique detal, a skirt that was long flowing with nylon/spandex trunks attached.

Brooke and Kendall were next and they were in a lyrical biketard that had gold and white metallic stretch lace which was featured on the bodice, it was accented by a sequin waist inset, there were shirred mesh that rose from the waist and tied around the neck as the same fabric created a flowing back skirt, binding straps added detail to it and adjustable straps added support.

"You girls look gorgeous." Kristie told them.

"Thanks." Asia responded to her mother.

"Coming up in our elite mini soloist division we have Asia from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Ethereal!" Asia walked on to the stage to applause with her usual sassy expression, then she began dancing when the music started playing and Asia was nailing her moves to the music, then she did a pose at the end and left the stage.

"Next up in our elite junior soloist division we have Chloe from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Guardian Angel!" The crowd cheered as Chloe walked on to the stage and stood near the middle of the stage, then she started dancing gracefully to the music and she was captivating the audience with her moves, then she finished her dance as the music ended, then she got cheers and headed off stage.

"Up next in our Duet/Trio division we have Brooke and Kendall from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Pair of Wings!" Brooke and Kendall both came on to the stage and took their places, then from the moment the music started, they were doing very well with their moves and made sure they kept it that way through the routine and they finished with a pose and got cheers, then they headed offstage and then everyone was backstage getting the girls ready for the group dance, then the girls went to the changing room to change into their costumes.

Chloe, Asia, Nia, Brooke, Paige, Kendall, Maddie and Mackenzie were all in a white dress that had stretch mesh wrap with a mesh waist inset an attached nylon/spandex shorts and the front bodice was lined.

"You girls look great!" Cameron exclaimed.

"What he said." Jill said.

"Girls, remember, usually i would say you have to win, but this time, go out there and dance your hearts out for Broadway Baby." Abby informed them, then the girls were called by the stagehand as Abby, Cameron, Gianna, Vivi and the moms headed back to the audience.

"Ladies and gentlemen, coming up next in our junior small groups division is the Abby Lee Dance Company with Never Forgotten!" The girls all came out on the stage, then after they took their sports, they began dancing in tune to the music and made sure they never missed a step as they remembered the moves they were taught.

"I'm sure Broadway Baby is barking in joy in spirit. Because we know she would have enjoyed the routine the girls had just done." Cameron told everyone.

"I bet she is and she sure would have." Abby agreed.

"Hopefully the judges see it that way even though they can be unpredictable." Kelly added.

"They can be." Christi said, then it was time for awards and everyone who competed was onstage, then the first awards that were given out were the elite mini soloist division, after places 10 through 2 were announced, first place was next.

"And our first place elite mini soloist division winner is Asia from the Abby Lee Dance Company Ethereal!" The announcer said, then Asia got up and received the award from him.

"Nice job, Asia!" Kristie cheered.

"She did amazing with her solo." Jill told her, then the awards moved on to the elite junior soloist division awards, then places ten though two were announced and first place was coming up.

"And our first place elite junior soloist division winner is Chloe from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Guardian Angel!" Chloe got up and smiled humbily as she was given her award.

"Yay, Chloe!" Christi exclaimed.

"All right!" Cameron added, smiling.

"Great job!" Abby stated.

"I think i smell a clean sweep coming!" Kelly predicted.

"Honestly, i think it's coming too." Vivi added and now, the duet/trio awards were next after the solo portion of the awards had been done.

"Our first place duet/trio winner is Kendall and Brooke from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Pair of Wings!" Brooke and Kendall both rose from sitting and got their awards.

"Kendall was amazing like Brooke was in that duet!" Jill told Kelly.

"They sure were." Kelly agreed, then last but not least, the last awards were the group dance awards and places ten through two were announced and first place was soon.

"In first place we have the Abby Lee Dance Company with Never Forgotten!" The girls got up as the crowd applauded, then they got their award as Abby, Cameron, Gianna, Vivi and the moms all cheered, happy that they got a clean sweep.

"Vivi, we were both right, they did get a clean sweep!" Kelly said.

"And i bet Broadway Baby would have been proud!" Vivi added.

"She sure would have." Abby told her, then they went backstage and when the girls came in, they showed Abby, Cameron and Vivi the video montage of Broadway Baby that they helped Gianna make and it made the three tear up, they pulled themselves together and headed back home to Highland Park.