Chapter 8

A/N: Okay. 2.4k to 4.8k reads. Did I mention it doubled? D: WHUT IS GOING ON. So I've been bit busy lately, hence the short delay in uploading. BUT. I made a longer chapter :3 So enjoy. This chapter is for killingmeinside, my fellow alien coming from the same planet. Cheers!

And I love you all for reading.

Chapter 8: Beer, Strawberry-flavour, and Photo frames.

Chip's POV

So...it was a perfect Saturday afternoon—until I was sent to pick up the glass jug Rose ordered a few days ago and get some packet drinks from the convenience store.

And of course, I had to meet Xander.

"Chocolate Chip!"

It's not that I didn't want to—it’s that I couldn't. Being myself around someone like Xander wasn't something I could manage (You probably understand how I feel).

When I heard that sweet voice, I immediately knew who it was and my feelings lifted instantly.

"Gise-!" I stopped abruptly, taking in the tall figure beside the gorgeous girl. My arms tightened around the large cardboard box in my arms.

"Cupcake cupcake cupcake!" Giselle said repeatedly, tugging at the hem of my shirt. I ruffled her hair slightly (making sure not to make skin-contact) and told her that if her brother allowed, she could come to the bakery for tea.

Ever since Xander's...incident, Rose had been constantly bugging me about the siblings, pushing me to invite them to dinner.

Well, I don't mind if it's Giselle, but-but-but-but Xander!

I just couldn't bring myself to look him in the eye.

"Hey," a sudden snap of fingers brought me out of my thoughts and my head jerked up instinctively.

"What are you doing here?"

Is that how you greet someone?? The bad inner Chip hissed.

"W-well I um...I'm here to get-" There. I forgot what I was going to say.

Great. Way to go Chip.

My eyes darted to Xander's face tentatively and I saw him raise his eyebrows. "Get...?"

I randomly opened the nearest refrigerator and grabbed the first can drink I saw. "This."

Xander coughed. "A beer?" I could tell he was trying to suppress his laughter.

I turned to the aluminium can in my hand, struggling to balance the cardboard box on my knee. "Y-yes. Why not?"

"You're not even of age, stupid." Giselle's brother snorted.

I was beginning to feel like an idiot—I couldn't even hold a proper conversation with this guy and here I was trying to persuade him I could drink.

My cheeks warmed and I bit my lip, telling myself to stay calm. Stay calm.

Hastily, I re-opened the refrigerator and placed the can back onto the rack, almost dropping the box containing the glass jug being the total klutz I am.

Fortunately, Xander was quick to notice my struggle and caught the edge of the tipping box.

"I see you need some help," He said smugly—as if aware that I (being a guy) wasn't even able to handle a cardboard box properly.