Chapter 10

A/N: Now, let us all take some time to honour my wonderful readers shall we? 

I love every one of you who commented on the previous chapter, I mean there's not one page I've seen with so many profanities :3 And henceforth, I shall award Paynewrcked for the BEST reaction to the previous chapter. Hehe, this chapter is just for Charlie.

Chapter 10: That B*tch. 

Chip's POV

She was quick, however, to respond when Xander walked through the door of the classroom, a stack of boxes in his arms.

Flinging the recipe back at me, Vicky sashayed over to the tall figure. “Hey Xander! So I’ve got this brilliant idea—“

Watching the pair interact, I bit my lip—forcing down the horrible feeling in my stomach.

What’s going on?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I hate to admit it, but Xander and Vicky were having a great time together. They laughed and worked well—unlike him and I. I mixed the buttercream miserably, folding in the soft peaks, then proceeding to spread it over the fluffy cake.

I popped the icing into the piping bag and squeezed it gently, lacerating the dessert in floral vectors. The chocolate-coated strawberries didn’t look so appetising anymore.

“Hey Xander,” Vicky cooed, “Try this cream. Do you think it’s okay?” I heard her say sweetly, running her finger in the bowl of cream (NEVER. Ever. Do that. Rose would kill me if I did that in the Bakery) and brought it closer to Xander’s unsuspecting lips.

Without hesitation, she shoved her finger in his mouth just when he opened it to protest (I assume). She then proceeded to wriggle it around in his mouth, and I could not find anything appealing about that—so I looked away.

“Isn’t it sweet~?” Vicky smiled attractively.

Xander looked like he was seriously considering the taste. “Yeah it is,” He agreed. “Too sweet for my personal taste actually.” He added nonchalantly.

I let a laugh slip from my lips, but quickly covered it with a cough, earning a death glare from Vicky.

“W-well, we could always add more…more…” She trailed away, as if unsure.

“Hey Chip,” Xander’s voice sounded to my left, and I turned my head in surprise. “Any ideas?”

My grip on the piping bag tightened and I fidgeted uncomfortably under Xander’s hard gaze and Vicky’s hateful one.

“Um…you could add some lemon zest. Or some cream cheese…” I said, ensuring my gaze was anywhere but on Xander..

“Thanks lil’ guy,” Xander smiled in return (my cheeks heated a little) and went to the ingredient cupboard.

When I dared a glance at Vicky, she was staring at me, as if trying to dissect me into tiny pieces. Her eyes narrowed and she mouthed something unexpected:

Back off.

I gulped, and quickly went back to decorating my Fraisier—a slight tremble in my hands.

Uwah, that was scary. A-anyway…It’s not as if there’s any competition in the first place. I mean—Xander’s as straight as a rolling pin.