Chapter 27

Chapter 27: Underwear, Heart-shaped rice balls, and a Candle.

Chip’s POV

The bed was warm.

But not unusually warm—like last time. It was just warm. Warm and fuzzy.

And somehow, I convinced myself to come to a conclusion that perhaps, I was already familiar with this warmth. And that this warmth was perfect.

Then I thought of how I managed to wake up every day, without this certain warmth. And I started to wonder exactly how, I managed to live without his warmth.

And then somehow, I ended up thinking—If only I could feel this way for the rest of my life.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

U-Uwaa, this is so embarrassing…should I pretend to be asleep? O-Or should I just wake up now and go down early to prepare breakfast?

I fidgeted under the covers, feeling a familiar heat rise to my face as I registered Xander’s legs entangled with mine.

H-H-His legs! This…th-this feels like we’re married—I-I mean…um…isn’t this too intimate? Uwah, what am I thinking, so early in the morning. Snap out of it Chip!

Opening my eyes was a bad idea, because Xander’s face was just really, really, r-really close to mine. I almost forgot to breathe.

Trying to save myself from embarrassment, I gently retrieved my legs from the entangled mess, keeping my arms to myself.

And then I realized Xander had his entire arm draped over me, his hands at the small of my back.

How do I get out of this…?

After staying still for a minute or two, I carefully lifted his heavy arm off my waist, placing it on the pillow beside his head.

Xander stirred, growling huskily.

I froze, feeling my face flush at the sound.

Th-that…that was appealing…

I caught myself. Snap out of it Chip!

Slipping gently from the bed, I replaced the covers neatly, tip-toeing to my drawers to get clothes and a towel—before making my way to the bathroom silently.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I…I can’t believe I actually said all of that to Xander.

It’s really not like me to say so much at all!

J-Jealous of the person I love?

Xander must have been so mad…

I wonder if he’s okay now.

B-But well, he…he actually said that he wouldn’t leave me.

It made me feel warm and fuzzy all over.

I should work on my trust issues.

I…I must trust Xander with all my heart!

Mm!

Yes!

Y-Yes…