Chapter 24

Chapter 24: Bitter, sweet, and Bitter-sweet

Xander’s POV

Shit. Did he really forget about me?

After all this time…I was clinging onto…nothing…?

An uncomfortable twist in my chest told me the exact opposite of common sense.

But maybe that’s what it is.

Love doesn’t involve common sense anyway.

********************

“Xander? Xander—wake up! I…I can’t believe y-you were sleeping in my bed again!”

Do you know that Chip’s even more adorable when he’s angry? He gets all worked up and flustered and he doesn’t even know what to say when he’s angry about something embarrassing—me sleeping in his bed.

“C’mon…just another minute…” I rolled over, snaking a hand around his waist blindly and dragging him back to bed.

“N-No way! We have school—uwa!” His face colored a cute coral red when I kissed him on the forehead.

I chuckled and gave in to the adorable mess. I don’t think I ever knew the definition of fluffy until I met Chip.

“Alright, alright…I’ll get my clothes.”

“Un! I’ll get mine too,” Chip piped, sitting up quickly and padding over to his drawer while I fished lazily in my duffel bag.

After a couple of impatient seconds (being the impatient King I am), frustration took over my reigns—proceeding to dump my entire bag of clothes onto the wooden floorboards.

“W-What are you doing?” Chip stared wide-eyed at the mess on the floor. I grunted nonchalantly, rummaging through the pile for a pair of black jeans and a raglan shirt.

“I’m done,” I said, straightening up to motion for Chip. But my angel wasn’t looking at me.

He was staring at a single piece of clothing strewn beside the pile of shirts and pants.

It was my scarf; my only scarf.

It was just checkered—you know, the usual red, black and a line of green?

I had it since I was young.

And for a second, I thought I saw a hint of recognition in my angel’s beautiful blue eyes.

Then a strange hope welled up inside my chest—as if I thought I had a chance.

But when I called his name again, the spark was no longer there.

**********************

Chip’s POV ^^

I never knew Xander had such an adorable scarf. It really suits his eyes…a-and his hair color…I bet he looks cool in it.

It’s such a warming color though, and…kinda makes me feel…nostalgic.

Eh?

Nostalgic?

Eh…? Have I…seen it before?